Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You know, I sympathize with you 100%. No one wants to lose cash or product because of "issues".

In view of that, I bring this

to your attention. Now, that is US and not Norway or UK (or where ever they are) so laws may/probably are different.

I just want to ensure that in your displeasure, you watch what you post.
Thank you and thanks for your empathy. I live in a country where we have real freedom to express our opinions. No one in Norway will normaly be sued for telling about their own experiences as a customer, fortunately. Such freedom should be in every country. How else should customers be able to inform other potential customers about what is positive or negative with a company. Fortunately, we have this freedom in most countries in Europe. But thank you for the input 😉

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
You know, I sympathize with you 100%. No one wants to lose cash or product because of "issues".

In view of that, I bring this

to your attention. Now, that is US and not Norway or UK (or where ever they are) so laws may/probably are different.

I just want to ensure that in your displeasure, you watch what you post.
To be fair, it seems that in the US you can get sued for looking at someone in the wrong tone of voice!😂
Unfortunately, the UK seems to be catching up fast!
:unsure:

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
To be fair, it seems that in the US you can get sued for looking at someone in the wrong tone of voice!😂
Unfortunately, the UK seems to be catching up fast!
:unsure:
Fortunately, we do not have such a development in Norway. Normally, people will not sue each other for "nonsense", but mainly for violations of regulations. In addition, consumers can have the opportunity to receive support through the state systems (through a consumer council) and have their case clarified. If one can prove a breach / failure of current regulations, then companies will have a reaction to it.

If the company I mentioned in this case had been in Norway I would have used that opportunity. In my case, there are violations of rules that can be proven. Only for the violation of the marketing law that I mentioned alone, they would have lost the case. They would then have been able to obtain a public demand for settlement for both the item, costs associated with the purchase and the disadvantage it has caused the customer. I am happy for the system we have here in Norway. It affects the companies to act professional, following the rules of trade, or risk having to be closed. A fair system for the consumer who is the weaker part, and positive for companies that will operate professionally with good service, so they will not have to compete with unserious companies.

·
Super Moderator
11,492 Posts
My advice was a one-off. Please stay on topic and not venture into other countries legal oddities

Thank you.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts