Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is considering ordering new SLC, here are the discounts offered by Orangewheels. I have no affiliation or any benefit. I'm sure similar prices are advertised on other portals like Drive the Deal, etc. These are prices for new cars which will be delivered from dealership.

Mercedes SLC SLC 200 Sport 2dr 9G-Tronic Petrol Convertible, list price £31,980
Our Discount Price [on the road] £23,217
Saving £8,763

Mercedes SLC SLC 200 AMG Line 2dr 9G-Tronic Petrol Convertible, list price £35,981
Our Discount Price [on the road] £26,715
Saving £9,266

Mercedes SLC SLC 250d AMG Line 2dr 9G-Tronic Diesel Convertible, list price £36,995
Our Discount Price [on the road] £27,586
Saving £9,409

Mercedes SLC SLC 300 AMG Line 2dr 9G-Tronic Petrol Convertible, list price £39,386
Our Discount Price [on the road] £29,693
Saving £9,693

Mercedes SLC SLC 43 2dr 9G-Tronic Petrol Convertible, list price £46,351
Our Discount Price [on the road] £37,017
Saving £9,335

So think hard before you go and buy overpriced demo car which are available right now. It applies both to standard models and SLC43. Huge saving could be had if you wait for factory order or find stock car. Not sure what's the lead time right now. Also such discounts will eat into future value and cars will depreciate very quickly.

I considered SLKC43 at this price myself as it's lower or similar to 1-2 year old SLK55 but decided to stick to 5.5l engine. Also don't like face lifted front of SLC.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You'd have to say the SLC43 at £37,000 looks very reasonable when you compare the performance with the outgoing SLK55. I think the best price I saw on a 55 new was £42,000 for a basic spec car. Obviously the SLC43 doesn't have COMAND or power seats so that closes the gap a bit however I wouldn't spec power seats and now that the standard navigation is Garmin rather than Becker and CarPlay is a separate option, I'm not sure I'd spend £2000 on COMAND either.

Once again I'm very much looking forward to this time next year when I have no doubt there will be an SLC43 in our fleet.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think SLC43 has a very reasonable price after discount.

By next year there should be some leasing deals on standard and "AMG" models. Discount is very heavy for a new model or half model as it's still R172.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I don't think Mercedes are fooling anyone. The SLC is a very mildly warmed-over SLK and there is very little reason to trade your SLK in to get one.

There will always be a healthy turnover of 2-year/20,000 mile company car lease 250d's but the petrol cars sold new are usually private purchases. Given the truly horrific residuals you'd have to be either mad or planning to keep the car for a very long time to buy (rather than lease) a new SLC at the moment.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,781 Posts
I don't think Mercedes are fooling anyone. The SLC is a very mildly warmed-over SLK and there is very little reason to trade your SLK in to get one.

There will always be a healthy turnover of 2-year/20,000 mile company car lease 250d's but the petrol cars sold new are usually private purchases. Given the truly horrific residuals you'd have to be either mad or planning to keep the car for a very long time to buy (rather than lease) a new SLC at the moment.
But as a 2010 SLK 350 owner a low miles used SLC43 AMG will be a very attractive proposition in a years time.....:laugh:

TonyS

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The depreciation train doesn't stop at 2016. If they're discounting the new ones £10K then that has a knock-on effect on all SLK values. R170s might be into future classic pricing but everything else is a bad place to invest your money.

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
645 Posts
Just bought mine and delivery took just one week (in stock) £9500 discount through CarWow.
I know it's early, but is anyone getting anything off in the U.S.? One salesman (since dismissed) said there was some "wiggle room" on SLCs, but that was as far as we got. On the new E-class, no wiggle room, he said, by comparison. High demand.

·
Banned
974 Posts
At a main dealer browsed some used SLK's & new SLC's today & had to look twice at the sticker price of a fully loaded SCL 300 in a rather dreary metallic green - £54K £54K!!!!! Who the heck in their right mind would pay that?
Ah! I have the answer, some rich gent for his wife. How do I know this?
Because almost the first thing said to me as I parked my SLK amidst Porsche's BMW's & Ferrari's etc at a car show was "Oh I bought one of those for my wife". I sensed that the remark was intended as a put down so I responded with a huge smile & summoning up as much sarcasm as possible replied "Oh jolly good show what a lucky lady she is" & wandered off to admire the cars & incidentally talk to some really nice classic Ford owners.

·
Registered
500 Posts
At a main dealer browsed some used SLK's & new SLC's today & had to look twice at the sticker price of a fully loaded SCL 300 in a rather dreary metallic green - £54K £54K!!!!! Who the heck in their right mind would pay that?
Agreed, that IS a crazy amount and no doubt why the online discount sites are doing such a roaring trade, £9-10K off list and you only pay for the options YOU choose (unfortunately no discount on them though) + you can circumvent the whole showroom sales pantomime. :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts