Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RacePrecision.com - Coupon for 2 Dyno Sessions for $55 in Southern California!

Looking to dyno your vehicle? If you're in Southern California, get 2 runs done on a great DynoDynamics dynamometer (NOT just a DynoJet) for $55! Coupon expires 5/12/07. Must make an appointment and present coupon to the staff there. Owners of the vehicles must be present at time of dyno. Price does not include installation of any parts (if you are doing a before and after).

Coupon: http://raceprecision.com/media/coupons/dyno_coupon.jpg

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Well here's mine completely stock.

there was an identical SLK as mine there that got 315bhp and 301 Torque. also bill was there with has magical trickery but with completely more impressive graph.

Different dyno's are not good to compare but it would be fun to see the results.

Also whats the difference with the Dyno ie. not just a dynojet?

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Well here's mine completely stock.

there was an identical SLK as mine there that got 315bhp and 301 Torque. also bill was there with has magical trickery but with completely more impressive graph.

Also whats the difference with the Dyno ie. not just a dynojet?
I'm no expert in dyno's but those numbers are low for SAE rated hp, are you sure it's not 315 rwhp (rear wheel hp) and not bhp (brake hp)? maybe Bill will chime in.

I could be wrong but with dynojet, it measures at the flywheel which is gross hp, and not at the wheel which is actuall hp you are putting out.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
The graph Easty posted is HP at the wheels and that is right in the correct range for drive-train loss.

My car on the same dyno that day put down 407HP and 499 Torque at the wheels from 3000rpm up
That's what I thought, and it makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Are you sure they didn't mix your engine with the SL55? Those are impressive numbers.

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Haha Ynot. I don't see a point in dyno'ing a stock 350.

Maybe we should ask slktyperice??
Yes there is, so you know the actual numbers for your car, sometimes it's more than what MB states, which is good. And when you start to mod then you'll know exactly how much you've gain.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think Easty made an error on his post.

His car pulled 299.9 hp and 317.9tq.

I assume the 'other' SLK pulled, 301hp and 315tq. He probably accidentally switched the two numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.