Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently purchased a 2018 SLC 300. I simply detest the Auto Start Stop at stop signs or stop lights.

I know I can push the button on the center console to turn it off. However each time the car is restarted, the driver has to disable the Stop/Start once again.

Question:

Is there a way to Permanently Disable the Stop/Start?

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,592 Posts
I recently purchased a 2018 SLC 300. I simply detest the Auto Start Stop at stop signs or stop lights.

I know I can push the button on the center console to turn it off. However each time the car is restarted, the driver has to disable the Stop/Start once again.

Question:

Is there a way to Permanently Disable the Stop/Start?
Yes with Vediamo.
Unlock ecu then set start / stop logic default to off, reset ecu.

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,171 Posts
The roof can be stowed at moderate speed unlike the SLK, the rear windows can go up when the roof is stowed unlike the SLK so what does the Smartop do in addition?
The list is too long to bother with here - go and take a look for yourself and be informed!

I have just ordered one for my SL to get the 'additional' features that become available.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,495 Posts
Disconnecting the intelligent battery sensor on the negative battery terminal will disable stop/start. As others have said SmartTop has the ability to remember the last setting for ECO stop/start too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts