Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

loving the beast :burnout:and the weather has been pretty good in Scotland over the past few days :Beer:

My darling :hail:wife has an ocassionally problem when she's drivng, in that she hits the gear selector buttons and she gets a little confused.

I had a search but couldn't see anything, on disabling the buttons, I'd be ok with doing it, as it's plenty fast enough without putting it in manual ;)

Is there a way to turn the buttons off in the menu system? Or another little trick.

As usual, thanks for any and all help
All The Best
Mikey

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
if you mean while in sport or comfort mode and not manual or paddle and accidentally hitting the shifter, then no, you just have to keep far away from it.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmmm - so I suspect you could disable the ones on the steering wheel one of two ways - Indy with DAS or removing the airbag and disconnecting the actual switches...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The latter is a decent idea...disconnect the battery, remove the two screws securing the airbag with a T30 Torx, unplug the two connectors for the paddle switches, reinstall the airbag and reconnect the battery. Honestly it's a 1 beer job and will take you all of 15 mins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help Guys, I suspected that would be the only way round it.

I'll hang off just now, as she only gets to drive it occassionaly :tu:

Thanks again

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm going to have my wife practice bumping the down-shift and recovering from it. That way she won't panic so much when it happens.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hmmm you can just tell her to hold the up gear for a few seconds and the car will automatically shift back into auto. Done from either the stick or the paddles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.