Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an ad on TV about a car having windshield wipers that work at 190 mph. why and who needs wipers that work at that speed?

the car, Cadillac, and if I remember correctly, they showed an SUV.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
Just trying to impress and sell a car. Advertising agencies and their stupid ads amaze me daily as to how gullible the buying public is.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to impress and sell a car. Advertising agencies and their stupid ads amaze me daily as to how gullible the buying public is.
that was my thought, but then I had a doubt, maybe there is a reason, but I sure couldn't think of one.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
face it, if it is raining out, are you going to be driving 190 mph?

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
face it, if it is raining out, are you going to be driving 190 mph?
had that thought , then if you're doing 50mph (or any speed) into a head wind, but if this did combine in some way, no combination seemed feasible that you would be on the road in the rain. doubt the windshield could be cleared fast enough at that speed

·
Registered
420 Posts
They're also trying to make the subtle statement that you can:

1. Drive the car at 190 MPH
2. Drive the car at 190 MPH while in the rain
3. If you decided to do all of the above, the windshield wipers would still, in fact, work.

Marketing agencies try their hardest with their subtleties so that people become more impressed over the manufacture's "attention to detail."

For the rest of us, like me, I don't care if the car's windshield wiper blades work at 190 MPH :)

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're also trying to make the subtle statement that you can:

1. Drive the car at 190 MPH
2. Drive the car at 190 MPH while in the rain
3. If you decided to do all of the above, the windshield wipers would still, in fact, work.

Marketing agencies try their hardest with their subtleties so that people become more impressed over the manufacture's "attention to detail."

For the rest of us, like me, I don't care if the car's windshield wiper blades work at 190 MPH :)
wonder what tires they're using? :biglaugh:

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I use Rain-X which allows me to cruise at virtually any speed above 40 mph without use of wipers. This is truly a superior product....just amazing!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I use Rain-X which allows me to cruise at virtually any speed above 40 mph without use of wipers. This is truly a superior product....just amazing!
I agree, I use it on my visor and screen on my bike, and it's good stuff (I don't take my SLK out in the wet :) ).

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
You might check into Diamon Fusion also. Aquapel and Diamon Fusion both look promising.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I found Aquapel on Amazon for $ 25 for 4 applications. I suspect the tinter is attempting to get me back into the shop. I will check out the alternative. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw an ad on TV about a car having windshield wipers that work at 190 mph. why and who needs wipers that work at that speed?

the car, Cadillac, and if I remember correctly, they showed an SUV.
A friend of mine at Benz says that, although not smart to drive like that, the Benz wipers will stay on the car up to about 140mph. That DOESN'T mean they work! He said it means they wont FLY OFF the car at that speed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.