Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for a "You Wouldn't Believe It If You Didn't See It" topic, but didn't find one so I put this thread here instead. It does involve caring for my SLK.

Detailed my car this weekend. Took about six hours, but I did a full job. Wash, quick clay (Griot's with Speedshine), minor polish (Chemical Guys P40) in a couple of spots to work out some swirls, pre-wax cleaner (Griot's), glaze (Poor Boy's Black Hole), two coats of sealant (Chemical Guys Black Light Radiant Finish) with 12 hours of cure between coats, and finished with wax (Adam's Buttery Wax). When my exasperated wife asked why it was necessary for a car with 1800 miles on it, I told her for the same reason I bought her a diamond ring. Not really necessary, just a symbol of my love. She rolled her eyes at that.

Anyway, I went out for my run this morning and left one of the garage doors open. When I came back, I noticed a bird flew out as I got near. Yep, you guessed it. The dirty bird left me a steaming present on the hood of my car. The car never even left the [email protected]$#@ garage!!

Detailing black cars and leaf blowing -- two jobs that just aren't cut out for perfectionists.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Black cars and OCD. A terrible match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts