Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed an order with my local MB dealer for a June 06 SLK350.
Spec includes Harmon Kardon:rbAdaptive Xenons, Heated seats (no scarf), Telephone Prep, Comand, 6CD, Wind Deflector.

The order is subject to a test drive as the car has 18" AMG's and Sports suspension and I am worried that the ride could be a little crashy.

The car has 24k miles on it and is Obsidian with Dusky interior.

Hopefully going through a Mercedes Benz dealer should relieve me of the nightmare scenario I had with the last attempt.

Quick question though looking at the pictures there is no HK badge on the door speakers I have quizzed the dealer and he assures me it does have the HK upgrade but I thought they all had a badge on the speaker grille?

More to Follow......

D

·
0 Posts
Adaptive Xenon? Maybe they mean the fog light trick when you turn the wheel but the SLK does not have adaptive xenon headlamps so be sure to query that.

Also the HK could have been retrofitted but be sure to check by putting the COMAND in one of the audio modes and looking for the sound option on the right hand side of the screen, select it and then pick Logic 7. No sound option = No HK

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan

just checked the spec on the MB approved used website and it actuallly says adaptive front lighting system , I incorectly assumed it meant adaptive xenons like my BMW had.
The listing sepcifically says that it has Harmon Kardon and I asked them to double check. The car is in Essex so my dealer rang them to check and they reported logic7 appeared on the menu but I'm not sure whether they actually tried it out.
Car should be at my dealer tomorrow so I will pop in for a look. I guess from what you're saying you would be surpised that there are no badges on the speaker grilles.
What is the report that the dealer can print off to get the actual spec as originally supplied?

Best regards

Andrew R

D

·
0 Posts
No worries, it basically means the L+R fogs will cycle on or off when you turn the steering wheel toward them below a certain speed or when the indicators are active, most people have it shut down because of the inevitable "your fancy Merc's got a foglight out!" comments.

I am surprised the HK system does not have the logo's on the door's, the only reason for this could be that it has been retrofitted however its normally standard practice when the door card's are off to add the logo's.

The EPC datacard will show the as-built config of the car and a visual inspection of the COMAND will clarify HK/no-HK.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
hmm.... I will have to check mine, but I don't remember HK logo...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to see the car tonight at the dealer and yes it actually did have the HK badge on the grill that was the good news.
The bad news was that they had made a mistake on the price and wanted an extra £1,100 for the car I left disgusted suggesting where they might like to park their vehicle:mad:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
I went to see the car tonight at the dealer and yes it actually did have the HK badge on the grill that was the good news.
The bad news was that they had made a mistake on the price and wanted an extra £1,100 for the car I left disgusted suggesting where they might like to park their vehicle:mad:
Quite sorry to hear about the price differential "mistake". Perhaps they'll turn around and offer for 600 GBP less.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deal Done! - signed the paperwork tonight .
The sales manager rang me this morning and said they could do the deal as originally agreed.
I told him I had a few issues with the car which I wanted sorting before I signed any paperwork the worst of which was a pretty load creaking noise coming from the rear which apparently was an issue with the roof seperator this has now been resolved and after taking the car for a second test everything was great.
The car will now have it's multipoint check, a D service which is due in 2000 miles and a tracker fitted and then I will pick the car up on Tuesday.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Congratulations arosamond !

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Congratulations, and I hope the weather on your end is better than down in London - pissing it down rain and actually a bit chilly! Just remember - "Top Down == Most Fun" ;-)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations, and I hope the weather on your end is better than down in London - pissing it down rain and actually a bit chilly! Just remember - "Top Down == Most Fun" ;-)
Afraid not infact it was hosing it down for both test drives, even the dog doesn't want to go out in this!

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Congrats! Both on turning down the dealer when they tried to "up price" you AND getting what you wanted. You will love it!!!!

I just returned from a 5000+ mile drive and can't wait for another one in a couple of weeks. Not quite as long this time though...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Hi Andrew

Congratulations: sounds like you found another one pretty quickly. Shame they had to spoil it by trying to raise the price -- good thing you got them to fix it without taking them to Trading Standards.

Still picking it up Tuesday?

Regards
Jonathan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Andrew

Congratulations: sounds like you found another one pretty quickly. Shame they had to spoil it by trying to raise the price -- good thing you got them to fix it without taking them to Trading Standards.

Still picking it up Tuesday?

Regards
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan

Thanks, Yes hopefully picking up at 4pm on Tuesday getting really excited now!

Best regards

Andrew R

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.