Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
hahaha.

Good find i feel kinda sorry for them but have to ask myself why even try and drive in that?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Funny. It's like that here at the moment.

The slk aint a good combination for the snow and ice. I'm wishing I could swap my wide wheels for some little skinny ones and add a few hundred pounds. I drove to work at 20mph today and it was still a little hairy.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny. It's like that here at the moment.

The slk aint a good combination for the snow and ice. I'm wishing I could swap my wide wheels for some little skinny ones and add a few hundred pounds. I drove to work at 20mph today and it was still a little hairy.
I know what you mean... I was thinking of driving to Italy for Xmas, but the thought of driving through Switzerland and the high chance of finding snow on the way put me off and chose to fly. After seeing this video... i think that my choice was wise! Cant wait for summer!

P

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
That must be going down hill, you can see their brake lights but they are still sliding, I didn't know portland had that much snow. The first driver was an idiot, brake, accelerate , brake, accelerate, what was he thinking? Great find.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That must be going down hill, you can see their brake lights but they are still sliding, I didn't know portland had that much snow. The first driver was an idiot, brake, accelerate , brake, accelerate, what was he thinking? Great find.
I suppose the best thing is to do as little as possible... however, it looks like the ice was particularly nasty, if you take a look at the cars going sideways...

P

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
That SLK 350 sure has a lot in common with a SLK55

the exhaust and rear diffuser sure look like AMG to me
That probably is the SLK55 rear exhaust, made to fit the 350, saslk did it to his SLK350 as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts

the exhaust and rear diffuser, spoiler and front sid vents sure look like AMG to me.

now the question is this a SLK350 trying to look like a SLK55 or a SLK55 trying to pass its self off as a SLK350
The 17" 350 wheels would seem to suggest the former. If that's the case, it doesn't have any fake badging, so it looks great. Apart from the colour of course :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
The best solution is just to stay home. :)
Thanks mate. great pics.

I know about staying at home, but sometimes its bloody expensive to not go to work and because it's my only vehicle having those in the boot may be a great saviour. wonder where I can order some.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I had a reply from these guys and it seems the 735 version will fit, he said he contacted his supplier for the information.

If i'm moving to the far north US soon I'll certainly be ordering one of these.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
If i'm moving to the far north US soon I'll certainly be ordering one of these.
Far northwest corner correct? It rains alot there, might remind you of the UK, if that's what you want. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yes Mate.. Rain, Good twistie roads and scenery. I've been in Texas too long and I'm not one for the 3months of 100f and straight roads across the flatter planes. ;)

Hey I'll be in your state once more soon, Going to Keystone tomorrow for a little downhill slidy fun.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

the exhaust and rear diffuser, spoiler and front sid vents sure look like AMG to me.

now the question is this a SLK350 trying to look like a SLK55 or a SLK55 trying to pass its self off as a SLK350
Who cares! It's cool yellow!

Maybe it was someone who "debadged"...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
hahaha.

Good find i feel kinda sorry for them but have to ask myself why even try and drive in that?
I don't feel sorry for him. Idiot had 4wd system. All the dealers in the USA are REQUIRED to instruct SUV buyers NOT to use 4wd mode on ice.

Why? Well, 4wd in most SUV's is actually 2 wheel drive, back right and front left. Most don't have locking differentials due to "wind up" from cornering. When you got 2 oposing wheels powered like that, hello circles!

I learned how to drive on ice and snow, so I am used to it and very good at it. If it was to snow here, the world would end. These people can't even drive in rain!

Best snow driving ability, seeing many, many SUV's crashed with news calling roads undrivable? Mid-engine car with 60 lbs. bag of cat litter in the front trunk for ballast. All the wrecked people would stop and stare at me in a Fiero GT driving down the highway like nothing was going on, wondering why in the hell a sports car is having such an easy time of it.

The cat litter, btw, was good to have on hand when S500 got stuck in driveway. 5,300 lbs on small incline driven only by right rear wheel doesn't work well. Traction control would just leave the car sitting. Took 5 times of limiting traction so could get to spin onto the gravel.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Yes Mate.. Rain, Good twistie roads and scenery. I've been in Texas too long and I'm not one for the 3months of 100f and straight roads across the flatter planes. ;)

Hey I'll be in your state once more soon, Going to Keystone tomorrow for a little downhill slidy fun.
I like the Pacfic Northwest too, especially like that vancouver BC is only 2 1/2 hours away, that is one of my favorite cities.

Keystone, nice, that reminds me, I have not been up there this year and it's been one of the best ski seasons ever with all the snow we've been getting, have fun.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
did not suggest tha he was a poser, Just that the car was looking a lot like a 55

The SLK350 should look similar to that when it has the AMG sport pkg. That is how I think the sport pkg should be.
Nah, SLK350 with AMG sport package has those 5 spoke wheels, which I think only look good on the Orion Blue cars. From the distance they look like 280 wheels.

I think the car's design looks better with more then 5 spokes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts