Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been discussed....was just curious to know if anyone gave their car a name and what that name is?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,883 Posts
yup, been discussed. problem is, the search cannot find the subject as it is too generic. some members, put their name in their profile and others, mention it in any discussions. Gregg calls his challenge'

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I don't name inanimate objects...but, when I was a kid, I DID name my teddy bear "Jeff(don't go there, jb ;))"...

·
94,883 Posts
oh how cute!!!! as am I

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't named mine yet, not sure if I will. But my daughter named our truck (a Ford F350 long bed dually) "Optimus." She likes the transformer movies... and thought that name was good.

I'll have to ask her what she'd name this little SLK.

·
94,883 Posts
you get the smarttop mod and it will be a transformer from 300 feet away!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Kismet - met my wife of 26yrs on a blind date (her brother in law was my copilot in the air force at the time). Almost quit the AF for the airlines in 88 - but got a posting to California at the very last minute (no they didn't know I was going to bail).

Things just seem to happen! We'd almost given up hope of finding a red/silver 171 after close to a year of looking - landed in London one morning, new listing on cars.com, closed the deal by bedtime that night. And I found this web site full of great folks!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I have been thinking about naming the car... I have friends that have named their cars.

I am contemplating a few names.
"Juels" or "Jewel" or "Jewels".
or "Gambol"

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,230 Posts
I never owned a vehicle that seemed worthy of a name until now.

We've been calling my daughter 'Sweet Pea' for 19 years because she's cute and tiny so it just seemed the right choice for the car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've named every car I've owned. (either named it or nicknamed it with a tag line- like my nicest fiero is "Enzo's Ride". Enzo is my dog)

What really threw me off was when I bought the transformers edition camaro- Its a he and it came with a name (BumbleBee). This was difficult for me because its the first car that was ever a "he", and the first car that "came" with a name, so I nicknamed him "Bumbles". I felt uncomfortable with some of the words that came out of my mouth (like "wow he is sexy")

Still trying to come up with a name for the SLK, But I'm leaning towards "Oben Ohne", although thats kind of a gruffer name than I'd tend to choose, but fitting.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts