Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's start a new thread for new SLK230 owners...just in case they did not get a manual with the car...

Did you know you can turn your stock radio on without the key in the ignition and it will turn off by itself after a period of time?

Just push the volume knob and it will start playing.

SLKman:tu:

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about....

here is one I was unaware of for some time...

after you raise your hood, it is at a 45 degree angle. If you push the button at the top of the shock your hour hood will raise to the straight up and down position.

Easy access for cleaning the engine compartment. (or working on engine if you have too. :( )

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Gonna have to try the hood thingy......Cool....thanx a lot.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
on the R171, after the hood reaches its angle of around 45 degrees. Lift the hood further manually past 45 degrees and it will hold at the new angle. (I have to check to see if there's any button on the shocks to push like the R170).

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. All this can be found in your manual if you have one. That's why I said this is for those that may not have gottten a manual with their "new" used car. LOL

Did you know...

You can program your key to unlock driver door only or both doors at same time.

Search any of these and I am sure you will find detailed instructions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
:biglaugh: thats funny because this wekend i was also reading my manual. i was suprised the kind of things you can find out on the manual. i would have supposed that MB would try and make money and not tell you these kinds of things

·
Founding Member
43 Posts
Resiual Heat

Someone's been reading their Glove box manual

Bazzle:biglaugh:
Here's a useful one that I quite often use on cold (or very hot) days.

If you have to leave the car for a few minutes, say to pop into a store and you don't want the cab to get too cold (or hot), remove the key and press Air Circulation switch (bottom one), the inicator lamp lights up and the fan will run at speed 1 (regardless of air flow setting). Lock the car and leave it!

The hot (or cold) residual air will continue to circulate until;

1) you switch on the ignition'
2) after about 30 mins
3) or the battery voltage drops.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool. I did not remember seeing that in the manual.

Here's another...

The change tray under the radio next to the open slot...

once you have pressed it and it has popped out...carefully pull the cover towards you to reveal coins slot storage area. The cover is very fragile so be careful with it.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Let's start a new thread for new SLK230 owners...just in case they did not get a manual with the car...

Did you know you can turn your stock radio on without the key in the ignition and it will turn off by itself after a period of time?

Just push the volume knob and it will start playing.

That radio thing also works on the S.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you turn your ignition key fully on the start and let go engine will crank by itself until it starts.

Bazzle

Edit: I think it does this for 4 seconds.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My brother in law bought a used MB and asked about the plus/minus on the trip counter...

If you see a plus (+) before the number...you are getting close to a service time.

a Minus (-) before the number means you are past your service time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My brother in law bought a used MB and asked about the plus/minus on the trip counter...

If you see a plus (+) before the number...you are getting close to a service time.

a Minus (-) before the number means you are past your service time.

Interesting. Does this only reset when serviced by a Merc Dealer. My SLK was last serviced and MOT'd in November 2006 and not by a Merc dealer, but the service time reminder is still showing with a minus?.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will check my manual to see if you can reset it yourself and get back to you.

I would imagine you could reset it on your own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can reset by yourself, I did it yesterday as I serviced the car myself. Instructions in the manual, May take you a couple of goes though depending how quick you are at reading and doing...

·
Founding Member
43 Posts
Opening and Closing Both Windows Simultaneously

Here is another that’s in the Handbook, I couldn’t get it to work at first, so I assumed I had a fault. Turns out is was me being a dork! To open or close both windows simultaneously while driving, pull the red roof switch back for a fraction of a second, let go and pull it back again immediately and hold. Both Windows will lower until you let go of the switch. To close, or partly close, do the reverse; i.e. Push, let go, then push and hold.R)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.