Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 with 54K miles. Currently on the car, K&N drop in air filters, X pipe (resonator, 2nd cat delete), Eurocharged Short Headers, and Race ID tune. Did the first 2 mods first, felt a noticeable grunt at the top end. Did the headers and tune a few months after (also replaced spark plugs, engine/trans mount, brake fluid at the same time). The car was nice and loud after the x pipe, then it got slightly quieter, with a different engine tone after the header install. Sounds a bit more "tuned", but definitely quieter. to be honest, preferred the sound before the headers. but the car pulls much harder and smoother at the same time, so won't really complain about it. Highly recommend these basic mods to SLK55 owners!

I wonder what I should do next? :grin::grin:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to get a kleeman front lip for my preface lift car. But, I think its no longer available right?

·
96,379 Posts
Kleemann front lip or anyone else's front lips?
for AMG I assume? They are out there

·
96,379 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yup. I can only speak for the ECS mod. It does shift a bit less like a slush box now, but not anything like what happens when you put something like a B&M in a shift kit into a domestic tranny.

I got it on a package deal with my ECU mod so I'd day the cost was worth it.

Since you have to drop the pan and the valve body to get to the TCU, changing it out is a good excuse to flush the tranny and converter if you haven't done so already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts