Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests.
I've had the car for about 2 weeks. First mod...Green Filters.
Really easy. 15 minutes at the most. Car now idles much smoother, definately noticable. The old filters were really bad, I'm suprised the dealership didn't at least clean them or the box out - it was a CPO car afterall.

Not sure what to do next.. My CNC machine will be complete in about 3 weeks, I might try and make some hood fins out of 6061 Aluminum, then maybe a pair of illuminated door sills:).

I wasn't going to do any mods to this car but I just can't help it.. I guess modding is in my blood:biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
May I suggest the SmartTop module?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smart top is definately on the list, just not sure when to go for it. Take a spanner, screwdriver or welder out of my hands and I'm lost. electrics just aren't my strong point.
I keep looking through tutorials to gain a bit more confidence.
Soon, but not yet

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
It's a pretty easy install, actually - and the members here are great assistants!

Trust me, if you can drive a CNC, you can install a smart top! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool.
Smart top just bumped to the top of the list.
I've been using cnc's for a couple of years and have decided to build my own, to my own specs. I can't wait to start using it.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
cool.
Smart top just bumped to the top of the list.
I've been using cnc's for a couple of years and have decided to build my own, to my own specs. I can't wait to start using it.
Nice - I'd love to see photos when you get it rigged up. I've got access to a Nomura NN25 when I'm stateside, and I know just enough to get myself in trouble. Fortunately, the guy who knows how to make it sing loves my SLK, and is more than willing to help when I get lost!

·
Registered
600 Posts
As the title suggests.
I've had the car for about 2 weeks. First mod...Green Filters.
Really easy. 15 minutes at the most. Car now idles much smoother, definately noticable. The old filters were really bad, I'm suprised the dealership didn't at least clean them or the box out - it was a CPO car afterall.

Not sure what to do next.. My CNC machine will be complete in about 3 weeks, I might try and make some hood fins out of 6061 Aluminum, then maybe a pair of illuminated door sills:).

I wasn't going to do any mods to this car but I just can't help it.. I guess modding is in my blood:biglaugh:
You own a CNC machine? That's awesome. Could you make like championship belt plates? they are made out of zinc. I collect wrestling belts.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Moreover, there are members nearby in Florida, e.g., jbanks15, Bill T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.