Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

I wondered if someone might shed some light on a niggle I'm having with my old girl. I'm only 1 week in (having touched up stone chips, rotary polished, changed the oil,plugs and filters) and today I noticed whilst water the front garden, an odd "dial up modem" kind of noise coming from under the bonnet... it stops and starts randomly... it appears to be coming from what looks like the alarm siren. It sounds like pre-broadband dial up or maybe a fax machine.

So far, nothing else untoward is occurring and i've put a spanner near the front door (to undo the battery) in case the alarm starts going off in the middle of the night.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,215 Posts
alarm battery might be starting to go bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the one on my old clk starting going off randomly when the battery (in the siren under the front bumper) died - I unplugged it and all was ok after that... i wasn't overly worried about it being nicked as i lived in a good area back then lol. This one has a thatcham approved thing (with a cert) and "somewhere" it must have a sensor to insert the little chip thing on the key ring (I've not found it yet).... I wonder if I'll get away with just unplugging the siren or if that will make the whole thing go screwy?

·
103,215 Posts
I'll defer to the r170 experts on that :D

·
103,215 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that... i've read through and will 'hope' there is a little battery in the siren which can be replaced as that sounds a whole lot easier than the vacuum pump topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.