Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched the forum for a detail description of how to use the GPS on my 2018 SLC 43 AMG. I keep trying the system with different results. Also would like to use the voice activated method. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,156 Posts
exactly...read your comand or owner's manual?

·
94,156 Posts
Guess I'll wait and see if someone Really wants to help.
a reply like the above as sarcastic as it is, won't do on this forum

we try to help

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,936 Posts
It's a work day in North America. You're retired. Patience is a virtue, seeing as you only asked about this issue a half hour ago.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not in any hurry. As I stated I would wait for a reply. Do not know why this has become such an issue with banks. All I’ve asked for is a little extra help other than the manual. Maybe I’m just being a Marine.

·
94,156 Posts
I am not in any hurry. As I stated I would wait for a reply. Do not know why this has become such an issue with banks. All I’ve asked for is a little extra help other than the manual. Maybe I’m just being a Marine.
Maybe...no issue with me...I have been a founder/adminsitrator for almost 14 years
I strive to help everyone and welcome everyone
again, you are reading into my comment
all i replied with is
read your comand or owner's manual?

was there something sinister in there I am not seeing?
in your post 1 did you state..I've been through my owner's and comand manual and seek assistance?
Am i/we a mind reader that you did?
Please take a step back and take a deep breath.
no one here is your enemy and all trying to help you

my moderators will think differently of a member's attitude
I am more calm and forgiving

·
94,156 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
972 Posts
I do use the GPS, but it is an acquired taste, IMO. You will have to try it a few times to see if you like it over that of Google, Waze or Apple maps in your typical cell phone. Mine has a software overide that allows input while the car is in motion, so it is more functional for me and I do occasionally use it. My preferred GPS is Waze or Apple Maps... Not a fan of Google maps whatsoever...

To use it, just put the car in Nav mode (press the Nav button on the dash) and go from there. Pretty straightforward... You will need to get used to the scroll button and entering City, Street and House #. If you screw anything up, just press the "Back" button and you return to the previous screen.... Not easy to describe everything about the GPS without sitting in front of it and giving it a try...

Hope this is somewhat of use...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for everyone's input. Much appreciated. I found what worked best for me, was to take my iPhone in the vehicle and Google "How to use Mercedes Benz Navigation System". The videos were especially helpful to me. From what I've seen so far I think the iPhone and Bluetooth is probably the route to go. So now I plan to Google going that route.

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
What I have been enjoying lately (since I used to have a Windows Phone 950xl that I loved, but have had to resort to a nice, but not as good Samsung Galaxy S10 that is supported) is using the Mercedes Me app. Download it. Then while you are maybe browsing where you are going on your phone, capture the address and then have the app send the address to the car. When you get in the car, it will prompt if you want directions. Select Yes (or ok or whatever it is) and you will have your destination without the relative hassle of using the Comand method.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey mtiede, I like the Mercedes Me app. method. I already had the app. and just did not know you could use it as you described. I tried it and I like it. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts