Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Designo Mystic Blue SLK

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chippenhamged 
#1 ·
Interesting video posted on YouTube here;

#7 ·
This mystic blue color is truly stunning, just looking at that SLK next to the helicopter posted by Russ.. wow!

Reactions: Chippenhamged
#8 ·
Russ's pics are always killer. Was super jelly of him until I found Stormy. Kinda want an r171 in mystic blue to match it though, preferably 2009-2011 if I can find one.

Only other color I would want is piedmont green, but it costs 10,000 extra minimum to order one in that color from the factory because it isnt even a designo option. Had investigated an SLC43 in piedmont green before they hit me with the upcharge lol.

#10 ·
I noticed an interesting thing the other day. When upshifting RIGHT before redline, the R172s 55 engine let's out a sharp 'brrrrrat!' sound from the tailpipes. Nice to hear real exhaust noise instead of all those phony pops and bangs the SLC43 had.

I'm not knocking the 43. Its as fast as a 55 (at least up to 100mph, hadnt tested it beyond that before swapping it for the 55) and it handles arguably better. But the tweaking they did with the transmission and exhaust to make all that extra noise seems silly now on reflection. I do massively prefer the R172 and R172 AMG trims to the 43s rounded off sides too. Those rounded rocker panels make it look so much less aggressive. I dont wanr a widebody kit or anything, but the proper AMG sideskirts on the 2009-2016 model years are my jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.