Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new SLK came with Designo Diamond white it's actually grey. It's not like the leather in other cars. Its got a matte finish. I would like a care regimen to keep it healthy and nice for a long time.

I don't want to change the shade of the color at all, I don't want to change the way it feels. I just want to keep it from cracking and to protect it.

I read online that the Designo leather is called aniline or semi-aniline? Does anyone know this to be true? This is important because regular leather products can't be used on it.

Apparently aniline absorbs more and can change color.

I just want to keep my car looking new for a long time and not have splotchy leather. Does anyone here have Designo leather and products you swear by?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure whether my old (2000) Designo leather interior is aniline or not. However, a friend recommended that I use Zaino leather products to take care of my leather, and they have done a great job. I haven't noticed any discoloration from the products. The Zaino products have an enthusiastic following, but I'm sure others here will recommend their favorites. Zaino has been successful in maintaining my darker leather Designo interior. I especially like the conditioner with the UV protection ("leather in a bottle")--in fact I used it yesterday on the leather:

Zaino Store: Maintaining Leather

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts
As mentioned before I use Zaino Z-9 and Z 10

Attachments

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I've got the designo aniline seats in dark grey with neon green piping and carbon look inserts. There are many good products out there I've tried - most recently (last week), I used Lexol, but have used LeatherMasters (Dr Tork) in the past with good results. However, it is important to know that every product I've used has darkened the seats. They don't get gradually darker and darker, but you do need to be careful to apply evenly or you will see streaking. I usually clean and then use a protecting cream that I apply, let sit for a couple minutes, then buff off with a microfiber towel. I then let "cure" for at least 24 hours before using.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone sounds like a lot of work I already seen my blue jeans turning my light gray seats dark blue it's kind of annoying I don't want to mess up the seats with the conditioner and cleaner.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
thanks for the info , my interior is LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BLACK/ANTHRACITE. Two-Tone Leather Package. Red/Black.

ApexAMG - thx for the tips, any specific bottle of Lexol leather clean/treatment that you can recommend ?

i feel the same way as Dyna, want to take a good care of the leather. On my driver seat side lower support already have crack lines and color faded on those line. I want to put some treatment and possible doing some color dye.

·
Registered
109 Posts
thanks for the info , my interior is LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BLACK/ANTHRACITE. Two-Tone Leather Package. Red/Black.

ApexAMG - thx for the tips, any specific bottle of Lexol leather clean/treatment that you can recommend ?

i feel the same way as Dyna, want to take a good care of the leather. On my driver seat side lower support already have crack lines and color faded on those line. I want to put some treatment and possible doing some color dye.
Don't know if this may work for you. I've used this on a 70's leather interior.
Get some Neatsfoot oil for leather goods. In a plastic cup mix a small amount of Neatsfoot oil and an appropriate color clothing material dye and if they mix well, use a q tip stick to apply to the cracks in the leather.
Of course, try it first on some part of the seat where you don't see it directly, and see how much soaks into the crack and also in the surrounding area. Then wipe dry and see the result before doing the rest of the seat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts