Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK So I bought a used SLK 350 6 months ago or so. I finally got around to getting it detailed. They did a good job...clay and wax and polish... and the car feels really good. Except where it doesn't. I now feel WORSE about the car now that it's CLEANER and SHINIER.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? :confused::confused::confused:

The back bumper was sooo dirty I didn't notice someone had scraped me ... a big ass scrape on the left back side. And a small scrape from someone parallel parking on the right back side. Now it's sooooo noticeable and I don't know what to do. :(:(

the front bumper I got repainted to remove the front license plate and fix the bottom being screwed up after I split it parking. :( I got it done at the dealer and the paint is obviously not OEM quality, I mean, you can see it's much rougher and not smooth like the rest of the paint job. EG Oranging ARGH!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I didn't notice this because the car is a daily driver and I drive 1000+ miles a month on it, so it's always dirty...

Anyway there are also dozens of rock chips that I never noticed until today now that the car is really nice everywhere else. The paint is in great condition and now it's all nice and reflect-y, except WHERE IT ISN'T.

:soap::soap:

I'm considering going back to the dealer and complaining about the paint job... in fact I likely will.

I was kinda thinking about an AMG body kit ... maybe I should let the bumpers go and replace them with good AMG bumpers in a year or so. HMM.
I could argue for a discount on my next service in lieu of dealer attempting to repaint the front bumper AGAIN...

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,362 Posts
I feel for you when i closed the deal on my Slk i had the car over the wkend and i went over with a fine comb. the paint was in top cond. i closed the deal on monday while i went thru all the paperwork they took the car back and detailed it. Well did they detail it with a screw driver they took a metal screw to the paint and boy did i have skips all over the hood and fenders and doors. i raised hell but you know how it goes the dealer played stupid. All that because the dealer made no money on the deal. I had all my ducks in order before i closed the deal so i thought.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Prop you have convinced me. I will go to the dealer and complain. Raise hell!! and see what happens. I'll try to go in tomorrow, while the car is still just-detailed so it's obvious.

Berliner, yeah :( thanks.

Anyway I came back from the house went to look at the car and realized. Wow. it looks amazing from a distance. The big scratches aren't even that noticeable on the back. In fact here are two pictures I took with my camera phone, I'm sure if i took one with a DSLR the scratches would show up way more clearly.

I'll try to take pictures with my DSLR later tomorrow. I swear it's way more noticeable in person. I'm usually not this OCD...and angry!! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL all the attachments are now messed up on the site. And apparently I'm not a signed up member anymore. Someone's screwed up the user DB....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey the pictures work again!! Didn't take a picture with the DSLR today.

@rodell I did MB dealer .. they contract out I believe.

I'll go to the dealer and see what happens.

When I'm inside the car everything is happy :burnout::burnout:

Dunno what I'm going to do with the back bumper... putting on AMG appearance is so expensive :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.