Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looking for a little help here since i am constantly losing my iPod and hate plugging it in and removing it from the cars after using it with the kit i was thinking of getting the Gateway 500 for the cars since it supports USB drives amongst various other things.

The plan is to install a drive caddy in the glovebox for a 12V hard disk like you would use in a carputer then hook that up via USB to the gateway that feeds that data onto the MOST and lets me control it via the steering wheel and the headunit, i can keep the iPod kit and the CDC so if i want to use them i can and i am looking into installing the MB TV tuner and using the video out of the gateway to hook it up to the inputs on the tuner and get video from the hard disk to play on the COMAND.

How does that sound to all of you? and anybody have experience with Dension stuff first hand i know they are supposed to be good but.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
sounds similar to lennys set up. Only since u have the EU COMAND, you have a video button, where are he added a screen.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
sounds complicated. Lenny added a fold away screen didn't he? he hooked his harddrive up to it, but hi steering wheels controls wouldn't work with it then.
speaking of which where is Lenny?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i guess it is similar to Lenny's setup i just figured since my COMAND has the ability to show the video i might as well use the OEM hardware and keep all the controls.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Dan, everything sounds logical, exactly what i want to do given the funds...but does the USB for the Dension support whatever USB harddrive you are using? As i understand, it really only supports very basic thumbdrives, mostly for firmware updates?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, everything sounds logical, exactly what i want to do given the funds...but does the USB for the Dension support whatever USB harddrive you are using? As i understand, it really only supports very basic thumbdrives, mostly for firmware updates?
I think it should support it so long as the tracks are in the right format, i will drop them a line see what they say

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.