Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am OK with converting the product cost to UK pounds but can you give me an estimate of the shipping costs, as I guess you have probably done this before.

Also is there anywhere I can download the installation instructions ... Still not sure if I want etched / illuminated or just plain....:confused: and this might help me decide 馃槙馃槙馃槙....

Thanks
Rob Hunter
R172 SLK in Black

AND MABEL
Go for it!

Can't help with the shipping costs as it will depend on the discount you are getting, but I had to pay 拢40 in customs duty on top. I think the total cost of mine, fitted on the car, came to around 拢270 for a discounted custom etched and lit version. There are cheaper versions available, but I cannot fault Windrestrictor's. The quality is second to none, and the instructions that came with it, make the fitting easy. No rattles, or reflections, and a lot less turbulence in the cabin. IMHO the best on the market. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the responses and estimate of postage costs.
Just need to look at the finances after new year ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just placed the order ....

Well I spent too long looking at the nice pictures of here and the windrestictor web site and reading about this cool bit of kit.......

Seriously looks good lit up and etched ...with the Mercedes symbol and the AMG text on some of the pictures in RED

Finally convinced myself to just go for it and just placed an order... with dimmer and 12v adapter, so now waiting for confirmation and shipping to the UK....

Can`t wait for delivery ........might even get some pictures of mine on here for car of the month....

Rob
:tazz::D

Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
You will love it especially at night and please post pics when you get it!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to it but right now its almost constant rain in the UK....:(

Bought the car in January and just have to be patient, in the UK the sun comes out occasionally and you have to make the most of it working away in the week makes it hard but that`s what pays for the shiny new car :rb

My previous convertible had a similar gauze screen to the MB standard one but that was more effective than the MB one, so looking forward to this as its supposed to be the business and make the most of the sunshine...!!!

Waiting for sun, roof down and AMG sport mode...just need to get some of the roads fixed up so its not like a dirt track !!!

Rob

AND MABEL
You will love it especially at night!
I fitted mine late in October as the nights were drawing in. I really appreciate having done it then, as I have had the full benefit of it being lit up. :tu:

A part of me is actually depressed at the thought of the summer approaching, as it doesn't really go dark up north, merely enters a twilight zone between midnight and 2 am, so I'll not see the full effect again until next September / October. :(

Registered
Only ordered the basic wind restrictor, but the total came to 拢103 delivered if thats any help. Luckily i didn't get stung by customs

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Was getting impatient for my delivery ... It had a long way to come across the Atlantic, and I'm not patient ... 馃榾

The good news is ... That its in the uk .... Bad news ... They want import tax Of 拢40 馃槫
Oh well at least its here in time for the sunshine 馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾

Looking forward to trying it out and posing about.....

Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Its a risk we all take when ordering from overseas, and I did add as a possible expense in the price ...
On there plus side its confirmed for delivery today so might be testing it over the weekend 馃檶

That is if the sun can burn off this thick fog .... Boo

Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Typical ....let down by local mail service ....

Paid tax online and scheduled delivery for Friday... Waited all day and ....No show...
Time to chase and moan but weather is looking good and another weekend without it .. Grrr

I'm away next week as we'll so annoyed :mad:
Not having much luck but will have the car for a long time to enjoy it ...:burnout:

Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Although frustrated I must say the issues only started once it landed in the uk...with the courier and their 馃挬 delivery systems and service. 馃檯

I do want to be clear that Windrestrictor were good at communications with order confirmation and dispatch emails all as expected....and even commenting on here.... Although there was nothing they could do except offer support...it was appreciated....

The good news is that it has arrived.. 馃檶.. But I'm away from home until the weekend with work in London so can't even unwrap and admire it 馃槶

Looking forward to it though and should look at fit on the weekend .... Might mean a serious clean and even pics uploaded....after a test run....

Thanks
Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Well finally got the windrestictor installed, real neat mounting bracket system and really stable with no ugly straps like the cheap options.

Ran the wires down behind the driver seat and connected up via the controller to the 12V lighter socket, but did not seem to be working...?

Anyway went back out this evening in the dark to take another look at the instructions / connections and as soon as I turned the key the whole thing lit up and the remote is working... :rb

Need some time to play with it and get all how I want it but looking good...

Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts