Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends ...

At the risk of igniting factionist fervour ...Mine is a 2000 230 automatic but I drove a 230 manual (2002) the other day and it just reminded me how much fun you can have with a gearshift! But then it set me thinking ... 320 manual? Or maybe a 32 AMG? Maybe I'll go try some this coming weekend.

Delicious dilemma: which would you pick?

Jonathan.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
what are you after? if you're looking for an all around great car, the 320 is a great choice. if you want a more performance oriented ride sacrificing some ride comfort and economy, then the 32 is the way to go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
As much as I'd LOVE to have that kind of power at my disposal, I don't think I could give up the MT. Whether or not it will slow me down around track, I just feel much more connected with the car. The ability to downshift, rev-match, and just take full control is enough for me to sacrifice the hp difference between that and the AMG model. Plus, I really don't think the 320 is by any means a slow car. I've driven one and it feels just like my 280 in terms of power/acceleration. Besides, if you really want the power of an AMG, you can always make a few changes here and there with the money saved.

The only thing you're foregoing is the complete package of an AMG. Looks, power, feel. AMG really is unlike any other. It's a tough debate but it all boils down to preference. Do you value the stickshift over extra looks/power? GOODLUCK!!

-Kelvin

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm ... that didn't help at all! I'd better book up some test drives. :)

(And dare I ask for a translation of "it sticks" ?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.