Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now downloaded sw for my MaxDiag (802) for my problem child (Civic). It will also be applicable to the Accord I'm considering as a replacement for the Civic.

My question: I can delete DTCs with the 802 (did it with Schwarzie--permanently I dont know) but what Im wondering is are they still buried deeper than what the 802 can "see".

Can only someone with XEntry (or star) actually delete ALL DTC's permanently?

Why I'm asking is I want to scan this Accord and see if any DTC's ever showed. If the (Honda) dealer can permanently delete them with their software, am I correct in assuming (in general, as I'm assuming that Honda dealer software will be similar to MB in abilities) and I will never see them with my 802?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
As McCoy would say, “it’s dead Jim“. Once the DTC is deleted it is indeed deleted.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hi,

Not on a Mercedes it isn't (Deleted) ..................

The lesser machines, like, (just for example), iCarsoft will only delete current Codes, there is also an "Event Log" in all modules which these other machines cannot access, only SDS will clear Event Log, where said codes will still show up :wink:
Also don't forget that the other machines can only access a handful of Modules, for example on an R170 you will likely only see about 5 modules out of circa 15 total, and the lesser machine will only get 80% of all Codes in those 5 modules.

On later model and higher end Cars these other machines are worse than useless, and most certainly not as good as the Mfrs say they are in sales blurb :(

SDS will see all modules / all codes and event log, as well as doing a myriad of other functions that others cannot.

I doubt Honda s/w and ECU systems will be anything like those on MB's ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts