Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after looking for a different colour one and failing it has been easier to get one more of the colour I wanted after finding the car of the right spec car. I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, by a long way, but it has a lot more presence now. It's tough to know how much orange to include and everything else has had to be tinted, lights, glass, de-chromed badges and wing mirrors changed to gloss black to give it the correct 'stance'. Pics don't do it justice but moving on to the interior now with a flat bottomed steering wheel etc so it's an on-going project. I'll post more pics when it's done but I've never seen a Nardo Grey one yet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,491 Posts
That looks great :tu:

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,700 Posts
looks great :wink:... iv been looking at getting a few bits done gloss 5d carbon over the last few ...need to get my finger out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Orange calipers look stunning against the color of the car. :tu:

In need of a bigger car otherwise I would love to do a wrap and color combo similar to this.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Excellent, looks the business - how will the wrap stand up to wear and tear compared to the paint I wonder - just don't know too much about wrap.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,855 Posts
That looks really great!

Was thinking about wrapping the next car I get as I'm most unlikely to get the colour I want with all the other things on my tick list!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few more images. The car is totally transformed. I was nervous wondering how it was going to come out but now it looks like if you bought it today, it's the spec you'd want. I'll come along to a few meets this year so people can have a look. Totally worth every penny. My neighbour said Jeez, looks like a stealth bomber. He's right.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,855 Posts
What colour ya thinking of.
Or is it a surprise
Not really sure. I like Silkie's colour, but that's non-standard on the R171 or R172 and I don't know how it would look. I don't want silver or black, but that's where I'm most likely to find a car-with-all-the-toys. At least a wrap would let me buy the car with the gizmos and then I colour it exactly what I want - even down to accents and tints.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts