Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 'Mercedes Enthusiasts Group' is organizing a cruise from Irvine Classic Center to Riverside, a bit of a drive, but should be fun, they'll be taking a look at the MB Classic Center.

Anyone Interested?

The following copy and pasted from their thread:
Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group
presents
soCal Car Collection Cruise
Saturday Dec. 4th

All Mercedes Benz automobiles are welcome.

We will meet at the Mercedes Benz Classic Center in Irvine for a meet and greet around 8:00 a.m.
We will leave the Classic center promptly at 9:30 a.m. and travel South on Interstate 5 to Ortega Hwy. (74),
then North over the mountains past Lake Elsinore, then North on Interstate 215 to Riverside for a lunch break (restaurant to be determined).
After lunch, we will visit 2 Private Car Collections located nearby in Riverside.
The first collection includes many Mercedes Benz's, as well as other classics.
The second collection we will visit has been called "mind blowing" and the setting it's in is "spectacular".
As with all M.B.E.G. events, there will be a separate "Roll-Call" thread to sign up at.
The details will be posted in a few days, so stay tuned.......

See the link here:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/events/1555390-m-b-e-g-socal-car.html

Reactions: Bleen

·
Registered
940 Posts
I might be interested in going. This time of year gets pretty busy for me as Ill be flying home in a few weeks and need to wrap up alot of work related stuff and such before then.

Ill let you know closer to that date, maybe thursdayish

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
This sounds very interesting. Kind of in the same general direction as our run this tomorrow although no actual back-country/twisty driving with this group, besides Ortega it looks like. It's been a while since we went on a purely leisurely outing.

I'm tentatively in for this.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Sounds interesting. A lot of freeway driving.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for reminder, this Saturday!

Also, some of the AMGers are meeting up at the Irvine cars and coffee in the morning, so if you are in that area and an early riser, you might want to check that out too! it's not far from the MB classic center.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't really know if I can make this one, actually. So many computers broke down in the Valley and LA recently and I need to fix them... I would love to join it, though.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
windscreen

Also, some of the AMGers are meeting up at the Irvine cars and coffee in the morning, so if you are in that area and an early riser, you might want to check that out too! it's not far from the MB classic center.
cyberdraken - do you still have the mesh windscreen you mentioned a couple weeks ago? I've been getting offers of $50-60. Good chance to meet up and exchange if you're interested.

·
4,935 Posts

The Cars & Coffee may finally turn out to be too early for me, although I'm an early riser :D. Is the location description in this flyer still accurate? I will see if I can make it somehow. I really enjoyed the one in Las Vegas a few months ago.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's the info from the AMG lounge:
This sat Dec 4th So Cal Amg Owners lets Meet
@
Cars and Coffee Irvine
7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Saturday December 4, 2010
7-9am
enter at 630-645 to get a show spot

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cyberdraken - do you still have the mesh windscreen you mentioned a couple weeks ago? I've been getting offers of $50-60. Good chance to meet up and exchange if you're interested.
yeah, still got it.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
If I don't get a call from LW Research and my brother doesn't have other plans, I am interested in showing up. What time and where are you guys planning to meet? Does one have to register?

I just signed up.

·
4,935 Posts
I think I'm passing on the Cars & Coffee; I've decided that's just really a bit too early for me to get there at or before 7am. So I was planning to just meet in the parking lot of the MB Classic at 8am. I'll probably shoot to get there around 7:30-7:45am so I can hang for a bit.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts

·
4,935 Posts
The route and schedule are now posted up on benzworld. Looks like we'll be at the Classic Car center from 8:00-9:30am. I'll probably shoot to be there right at 8:00 in that case instead of at 7:30. I didn't know we were going to be there for a while. If it turns out I misjudge the travel time and still get to Irvine way early, I might drop by Cars & Coffee.

So far 18 people have signed up. Looks like it's going to be a fun event.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you have a cold? skip the 5k, take some vitamins to night, and show up for the drive tomorrow. :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts