Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunday midday saw a woman pull out in front of me and ding my front end with her Jeep Cherokee.

My old faithfull 1999, blue 230 has suffered approximately 2k worth of insult.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts
So sorry and your first post also!

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread, make a post, click on the ‘paper clip’ or go to ‘advanced’ and then ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’!
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odd that. i joined in 2008, 4 years ago!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts
Have you been back since?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Ouch! Now that really hurts!!! I purchased a 2008 SLK last year. Two months to the date it was totaled by another driver. It just made be sick. Of course within three weeks I had another SLK; I like the one I own now even better. I hope the same will be true for you as well.

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'I thought you were turning left'

Uhhhhhh no! Anyway the idea is to make sure it's safe to move before doing so you silly numpty!

Over here the books are filled with slk's with up to 150 - 160 000 miles on them. They do seem to be long lived cars. Mine at 115000 was running from service to service with no problems at all although I had to replace the coils a while back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jeez..unlucky one. I suppose it could have been worse but then again...it's hard to forgive and forget just like that.

Must look into dash cams.

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought mine off eBay just a week before the accident. £42 and has both forward and rearward facing cameras.

The insurance phoned on Friday and said they are going to fix my old car!

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great news... how long will the repairs take? Spring is coming....even to England!
Don't know, the repairer hasn't contacted me to collect he car yet. Not to worry. I have bought a 'new' car anyway. Found a younger 320 to keep me smiling.

Thread here

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it wasn't for crazy uk insurance I'd keep the old girl and give it to my son but I reckon I'd have to take out a mortgage for the annual premium. They already want £1200 for a years cover on a 2 door fiat!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Now that was painful especially since it was the train wreck you couldn't stop watching because you knew it was coming lol awww...What's going on with the car repair status?

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took a cheque in place of repairs. Put the car on the market for a good price 'as is'. Sold to the first viewer. Made more than the cost of the 320 I've bought!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Loss

Sorry for your loss....but happy for your gain....gees those streets are narrow...now when the weather warms up and it stops snowing and raining you will be good to go...nearly as bad as Canada...
Nev

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
75 Posts
Sounds like you made out quite well. However, I'm sure having to go through the whole thing took its toll. Congrats on the new one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts