Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already ordered new tires and wheels so please stop with the pop up adds on every page I go to.

Does anyone else have this happening to them?
:smile:

Reactions: cliveandstella

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
what browser you using?
chrome? get adblock free extension

or become a subscribing member :D

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what browser you using?
chrome? get adblock free extension

or become a subscribing member :D
I'm using safari on my iPad.

How do I become a subscribing member?

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
download chrome and try it
get free adblock extension from chrome
no more ads

how to subscribe?

http://www.slkworld.com/payments.php

if you plan on staying with us, and you will, especially after meeting me, then get the lifetime as it is the better bargain

your friendly mods do this for free btw

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
249 Posts
The reason is Google analytics, they track you on one page and then you get ads on every page that uses Google analytics - and that's millions of pages. If you use Google browser or Google search engine they track you that way as well. Try DuckDuckGo, I switched to them a couple of years ago and don't have that problem nearly as much any longer because they track nothing at all yet their search results are just as good as Google and no ads.

Reactions: etyu and Avel Du

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Yep, it is not tirerack, it is Google. Several things you can do, but not sure about from an iPad. You can toss your cookies fully, run an adblock, pay subscription, search for other things like dolls and kittens in cars, then see if the adds change ;-)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, it is not tirerack, it is Google. Several things you can do, but not sure about from an iPad. You can toss your cookies fully, run an adblock, pay subscription, search for other things like dolls and kittens in cars, then see if the adds change ;-)
Just paid for life member. It lasts 27 years,, so now I can live to 102, nice.
Thanks,
G

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Ka ching! Congrats Lifetime member!!!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Just paid for life member. It lasts 27 years,, so now I can live to 102, nice.
Thanks,
G
Well now you did it, now we all know you are a guy, no woman would post her age, well, maybe you lied about it, and it will last till you are 112...
I never considered a paid membership to a site, but this one is a maybe. And my luck, I would end up selling the car...

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Everything for the most part is free on the site.
signature block and custom avatar and unlimited attachments among other things cost as a premium member less than $35 a year. lifetime best deal if you plan on staying around.
if you are here every day, you are already addicted to us

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well now you did it, now we all know you are a guy, no woman would post her age, well, maybe you lied about it, and it will last till you are 112...
I never considered a paid membership to a site, but this one is a maybe. And my luck, I would end up selling the car...
Yeah, 75 in July. And proud of it.
This is a worthy site and I'm glad I found it, so I'll pay with no qualms about it.
And I won't miss the $ by next month. But you guys will be here for the rest of my life, and I intend on having the SLK at least that long:smile: if not longer.:wink:
All the stuff I've learned here is worth more than I trip to the stealer for an oil change.
G

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everything for the most part is free on the site.
signature block and custom avatar and unlimited attachments among other things cost as a premium member less than $35 a year. lifetime best deal if you plan on staying around.
if you are here every day, you are already addicted to us

I admit it freely, I am an SLK addict.

Reactions: dbgrn and jbanks15

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Speaking of being an SLKWorld addict

Total Posts

Dang Jeff! :D

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Speaking of being an SLKWorld addict

Total Posts

Dang Jeff! :D
It is amazing. That's an average of 15 posts per day, everyday, 365 days a year.
Do you sleep?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..huh? what? no.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.