Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deal's Gap this weekend!

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Tibbett 
#1 ·
After a whole minute of planning I have decided to take my first gap trip early this year. I am going to set off Friday evening after my doctors appointment. I will update during stops and, hopefully, snap some pics along the way.

#2 ·
Get some great shots and enjoy the ride!

#7 ·
It's looking like I should have a bit of decent weather though! Hopefully it won't be too crowded on 129, but if it is I know several roads in that area I can hop on and enjoy myself. I'm charging my DSLR right now to snap some pics and will likely update some along the way via cell phone.

#8 ·
Heading to grab lunch before my doctor's appointment. I think I'm going to swing by Red Robin and have a whiskey river bbq burger and a beer.. seems a logical thing to eat before going in for a health checkup! Car is already washed, bags are packed, and I'm already fueled up. Once I get out of his office I'm hitting the highway and I will be southward bound!

Gee..I'll miss the superbowl craziness up here..what a shame.

#9 ·
Yah, fill-up on fat!!! Just joking, but I hope you didn't have any blood drawn... fasting, you know!

I have had NO traffic problems driving to work all week, including today. The Patriots are staying on the IUPUI campus and everytime I walk by their hotel, I give them a big thumbs-up. Hey, they're the AFC champs and Indy is an AFC town. If the Giants win, no problem there, with Eli being Payton's brother.

Oh well, enjoy and drive safely:tu::tu:

#12 ·
"I was doing..er..the speed limit. We will stick with that." Yup, that's the ticket...:tu:

Enjoy!

#13 ·
Back home safe and sound! I have some pictures and such to post along with a short breakdown of the trip. Spotted a few SLKs while I was out including a -very- close encounter with one down in Knoxville, TN while I was lost! I'll work on that stuff tomorrow as I'm going to go take a warm shower and crash for the evening.

#14 ·
I'm going to throw up some quick pictures! I still have some more I need to pull from the other camera.

Came around a turn and saw turkeys!

Small bit of paved paradise! I really enjoyed myself and may have -really- hurt my tires even with it being wet. By the time I left Deal's Gap there was rubber balled up on the outside edges. It was pretty much empty out there and I made a few light runs before picking the pace up a little bit. I spent about four hours out there just on 129 and saw, maybe, 4 cars..

#15 ·
Pic #1 just might be ROM worthy...be sure to enter it :tu::tu:

#17 ·

I almost forgot this one! Exactly what you do NOT want to be doing on a mountain road.. I was stuck behind this car for a few miles and every turn was like this. There are pull offs on this road to allow faster traffic to go by, but they absolutely refused to budge and inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.