Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me say hi to everyone. I have been a member for awhile now and have learned many things by searching this forum and I thank everyone. My wife's 2005 slk350 has been in the shop a few times lately for noisy pulleys (she drives the car regularly so she knows when there is a new noise.) This is a real adventure in repair, so I will spare you all of the details. Long story short we had the car at the dealer (located in Sugar Land, TX.) a total of 4 times for the same pulley problem and then a 5th time for a cd changer that wasn't working after they replaced the factory radio the first time it was there for noisy pulleys and a dead factory stereo. Anyway, she got in the car today and drove to the local grocery store and on her way back the check engine light came on and the check coolant light came on luckily she was not far from home she pulled in the drive and the car temp was 120 degrees f when she shut it off. I opened the hood and noticed a large amount of coolant, then I noticed that the top radiator hose had completely popped out of the radiator. Since I had the car at the dealer and they replaced the belts and pulleys, I am assuming the had to remove the radiator hose to do this. Should make them come and get the car and fix it ? Unfortunately we have had the car back from the dealer for about 2 weeks and she drives it every day. Sorry for the long post but I am very unhappy with this dealership and the mechanic work. I think they caused this issue too hopefully I can get the problem resolved. My wife still loves the car :mad:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Talk to the service manager, or to the General Manager if necessary. Make it a point to inspect the vehicle well before driving off the service department so you can bring things to the service advisor's attention immediately. Don't be shy in opening the hood and use a good flashlight to inspect things over in the engine compartment.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would say from my experience that this is not typical MB service. I would encourage you to talk to a management level person and explain that you want to have your car serviced at this place, but you expect a higher level of attention than you have gotten so far. If you can find a good independent MB service guy, it might not hurt to casually say, "Joe, down at the XXXX Service has been wanting me to come see him and this might be a good opportunity to see what he can do for me." Or something to that effect. Most dealerships don't want to lose the service on their cars. Good luck!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
NOT a normal sort of situation, and not what I'd expect from MB Sugar Land. I'm traveling at the moment, but drop me a PM if you continue to have problems, I'll be in Sugar Land in a couple of weeks and have a good relationship with the GM.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
Sorry about your troubles; and I would have a talk with management, not to threaten to go somewhere else but to express my displeasure and looking for a way to improve on the situation.
I also recommend taking John's offer to mediate.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan..... You have received sound sound advice and offers of assistance from some of the members. Hope your issues are resolved and you are able to enjoy the ride R)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts