Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to my nearest dealer Crown Euro-cars of Dublin, Ohio, to see about ordering a Camshaft Adjuster Magnet which was leaking oil. I was pleased to find out that this was considered a "Warranty" item for my 10 yr old 116K mi. car. They provided my with a loaner, replaced the engine wiring harness; engine control module; and other parts damaged by oil siphoning through the electrical system, all at no cost. The rub? Instead of replacing the leaking part (I ordered it on E bay for $80) Mercedes only authorizes a jumper to keep the leaking oil out of the system. All that time & money to fix the damage, & still the car leaks oil (apparently Mercedes parent company is Harley Davidson). Kudos to the dealer for great service, a Razzy to Mercedes on a cheapo fix.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:WOW, that's almost unprecedented service. Good job by dealer and smart fix on your part. Great you let them go first.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,443 Posts
The repair calls for replacement of cam adjuster and wire patch. I think you got lucky on them replacing all the wiring as the Service Campaign did not state that. I had a 2001 230 and my dealer replaced the cam adjuster and installed the patch wire. I was lucky as the oil had not wicked into the wires.

Here is Service Campaign 2009100001 DEC 09

Make / Models:
Model/Build Years:

MERCEDES BENZ / C230
2002-2004
MERCEDES BENZ / C240
MERCEDES BENZ / C320
2002-2004
MERCEDES BENZ / C55
MERCEDES BENZ / SLK230
2001 2004
MERCEDES BENZ / SLK320

• Service Bulletin Number:

SB-2009100001
  • NHTSA Item Number:

• Summary:

MERCEDES: REPLACE THE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTMENT SOLENOID(S) AND INSTALL ADAPTER HARNESS(ES). DUE TO THE SETTLING PROPERTIES OF THE SEAL OF THE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTMENT SOLENOID SPECIFICATION, OIL MAY ENTER THE ENGINE WIRING HARNESS(ES) THROUGH THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION OF THE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTMENT SOLENOID FROM CAPILLARY ACTION. REPLACE THE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTMENT SOLENOID(S) AND INSTALL AN ADDITIONAL ADAPTER CONNECTOR HARNESS(ES) AT THE NEXT WORKSHOP VISIT. *PE UPDATED 6/28/11. *PE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.