Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

Love the car (wish I had gotten rid of the STI years ago for one of these!!!) apart from 1 thing. The terrible position of the left dead pedal / foot rest. I find that once I am in a comfortable driving position for brake and throttle, the foot rest is just to far away for the comfortable position that I hold my left leg in.

I have to wear shoes with a very solid and unbending sole when driving the car, as my left heel is off the rest and my instep is hanging in mid air.

Does anybody know if there are actual welded in place 'bolt' fittings under the carpet of the left rest (like every other car I have ever seen or owned), unlike the 'comedy' foam rest that MB has fitted in the R172.

To say its a poor design and idea is an understatement. If it was at least a bolted in place plastic rest, it could be altered in a multitude of ways. But as its a crappy foam block, screws wont hold in it (I know, I have tried).

If anybody has actually had the carpet up and did see any bolt fixings in the foot-well, I would appreciate your input, before I try to rip my carpet out of no good reason.

Thanks.

Rob.

·
Super Moderator
24,135 Posts
I don't have the answer, but whilst you wait try looking up the part here
https://slk-links.neocities.org/EPCLINKS.HTM
With luck there'll be an exploded view that gives a clue.

If it helps, we asked about this on other cars and were told it is possible to remove (Not MB).
I'd expect on cars with a mix of manual/auto options it would be removeable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I cant see anything, but its good to have the access to spares numbers.

I found a second hand carpet on ebay for the R172, and as you can see, its an expanded foam block in the fitted carpet.

The 03.jpg shows the expanded foam footrest, just the other side if the middle turret of the carpet.

Rob.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts