Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a used SLK350 Designo and was curious if someone could pull datacard for me? VIN = wdbwk56f85f048216

Trying to learn alittle more, need to look at adding Nav and XM somehow, but not educated enough at this point on where to look for best prices.

Also debating the OEM windscreen but rumor has it, it is problematic on the Designo due to Leather on rollbars?

Any help would be appreciated, :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much very cool of you!

Wonder why when I press the SAT button it says no satelite radio? Datacard says it has sirus?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Wonder why when I press the SAT button it says no satelite radio? Datacard says it has sirus?
You probably need to set up a subscription w/ sirius. Mine came w/ 6 months free and then had to renew and pay.

Reactions: Noworiz

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Noworiz - you have "531 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO FOR USA PREINSTALLATION" - not the complete system "536 "SIRIUS" SATELLITE RADIO COMPLETE SYSTEM". Basically this means you could easily add a SDARS kit to your car.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks for the clarification John. So does this mean there is no Sat. "bump/lump" on the trunk/boot lid?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Yeah, basically means only that fiber, power, and antenna lines are all present in the left rear floor panel. So you need receiver, mounting bracket, cover, antenna, and some other miscellaneous bits of mounting hardware. I picked up a radio and got the mounting kit from Ken (SLKStore) on the last install I did..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, I think there is more to it than that, But not sure. When I press the SAT button it says No Satelite radio. So I couldnt get the the radio Number to set it up if I wanted to. I hade XM before and it would get preveiw stations at least, before I activated it.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Yeah, basically means only that fiber, power, and antenna lines are all present in the left rear floor panel. So you need receiver, mounting bracket, cover, antenna, and some other miscellaneous bits of mounting hardware. I picked up a radio and got the mounting kit from Ken (SLKStore) on the last install I did..
And the good thing is you can put the antenna under the grille on the hood, and not as a 'wart' on the trunk cover:)

(btw, welcome from NE England!!).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
And the good thing is you can put the antenna under the grille on the hood, and not as a 'wart' on the trunk cover:)
That's what I was thinking, now if you take the wart off you have a hole to fill. At least now the are body color, some of the earlier ones were black no matter the color of the car.:td:

D

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, I think there is more to it than that, But not sure. When I press the SAT button it says No Satelite radio. So I couldnt get the the radio Number to set it up if I wanted to. I hade XM before and it would get preveiw stations at least, before I activated it.
No John is right, your car is pre-wired, if you want the satellite radio even just to preview it you have hardware you need to buy.

If you do a search for phone pre-wire you will see threads by folks who are in the same situation as you just with the car phone not the radio ;).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.