Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I couldn't find it with the 'Z', so replaced it with a '2' instead... here it is... :tu:

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I'm still confused as to what this means? Sorry blonde moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Michelle, the datacard includes lots of information about the car, including engine number, transmission number, and the options the car shipped from the factory with.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im looking to update the exterior lighting to LEDs or 'whiter' lights. Im struggling to find if i have Bi xenon headlights or not or just the standard h7, it looks like it has a 'lens" so guessing Bi xenon?! Also have the AMG bumper pack so what would my fog lamp bulbs be? I believe they are different from standard

Regards Phil

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
If your datacard does not say bi-xenon, you have h7 halogen bulbs for both hi and lo beams

your owners manual has the bulb info you seek under 'replace bulbs'

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Im looking to update the exterior lighting to LEDs or 'whiter' lights. Im struggling to find if i have Bi xenon headlights or not or just the standard h7, it looks like it has a 'lens" so guessing Bi xenon?! Also have the AMG bumper pack so what would my fog lamp bulbs be? I believe they are different from standard

Regards Phil
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2006_slk280_slk350_slk55amg.pdf

page 400-401

Front fog lamp HB4 (51 W)
Halogen headlamp:
Low beam H7 (55 W)
Halogen headlamp:
High beam/high beam
flasher H7 (55 W)
Some words of caution...

I used that online manual to check what foglamp bulbs I needed for my AMG, and then order HB4s. However, when I went to replace them, I found H7s in there instead, so had to order different bulbs. Best way of being sure is to open one up and have a look before buying (see the "DIY to replace" link in my signature for instructions on how to do that on an AMG). :tu:

Reactions: jbanks15
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.