Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Standby...

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Here ya go!!

Attachments

·
Registered-sold my 2007 SLK280
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks indeed.

There's a curious issue inasmuch as when looking over it today I found that the inside of the fuel door was filthy, whereas the rest of the car was spotless. On cleaning the inside of the door I found the tyre pressure recommendations which were for 18" wheels. However, as part of the docs I have receipts for tyres going back to early 2013 which (like the wheels) are 17" :frown:.

Your Data Card info confirms that 18" AMG's were fitted in production, so some crafty previous owner/dealer has done a swap :crying:

Fortunately it seems to have all the other features it was built with,although taking out the heated seats or parking sensors wouldn't be a five minute job :grin:

Thanks again.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
no. you have 17
we see numerous datacards in that model/time frame that says 18 inch

we believe just an erroneous entry done on many of those datacards

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
only pressures usually are 32 cold front and 35 cold rear. i have 18s so the plate might be the same for all or based on country

do you have a tire plate also in your door jamb?
and what does your owner's manual say for tire pressure?

·
Registered-sold my 2007 SLK280
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Plate on the door jams other than the basic chassis numer.

Handbook says there's a tyre pressure monitoring sytem, of which I have yet to work out how to read it :frown:

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.