Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could do the VIN search for me, that would be very helpful!

VIN: WDBWK73F58F178345

The MB dealership where I bought it provided me with less info than I expected. Moreover, the dealer insisted that the car is a "Designo" model. The car certainly has the Designo traits (colour code: 041), but no "Designo" engravings anywhere inside.

I am the very recent second owner of this vehicle and any info you could provide would allow me to know my car better.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, this is what I call a proper info sheet for a vehicle.
Gbarringer100, a million thanks for your prompt reply!

As for the AMG overriding the Designo: great question, however I have no clue. Is there an insignia conflict or overlap? I hope someone could answer that.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
do you need any owner's, maintenance or comand manuals?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear jbanks15:
I got the full set of booklets from the dealer. Thank you kindly for your considerate offer.

PS. I have hard copies of the the User Guide and COMMAND booklets in French, too. If anyone is interested, it will be happy to send them for free. Just pm me.

·
97,450 Posts
just post your vin number and a kind member will pull one for you

·
97,450 Posts
Dear jbanks15:
I got the full set of booklets from the dealer. Thank you kindly for your considerate offer.

PS. I have hard copies of the the User Guide and COMMAND booklets in French, too. If anyone is interested, it will be happy to send them for free. Just pm me.

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
97,450 Posts

·
97,450 Posts
someone will get it for you shortly

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Very nice jpeter...I initially hoped to avoid the wood trim, but like it now on our 06, and don't find slipping an issue on the steering wheel.

Had you or Alto considered shopping down south to save some $$ before your purchase?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice jpeter...I initially hoped to avoid the wood trim, but like it now on our 06, and don't find slipping an issue on the steering wheel.

Had you or Alto considered shopping down south to save some $$ before your purchase?
Yes I did. If I had not bought the one I did, it would have been my next move. You are right, big savings can be made with such a choice. However, the convenience of shopping close to home, the trouble-free extended warranty offered by the dealer, the complete service history of the vehicle (even tire and oil changes), as well as the 2.8% financing tipped the scale for me. Shopping across the border is arguably a brilliant idea, provided that someone can be patient with their search, able to find free time now and then for the occasional visits to candidate vehicles, and also willing to go through the importation process.
Oh, did I mention that I also fell for my car the moment I saw it? For me it was the car that I was looking for, therefore I should have.

I see car-shopping in the Sates as a possibility in my future (especially if the exchange rate remains reasonable).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for that.
The wood is nice but there are a few cracks here and there. I still love it though and they don't bother me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.