Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will sound sad >:D but if you haven't already noticed. I am OCD with my car.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...a6-xd-DyQIVBqYOCh1kywh-#imgrc=39oSfNMisf2ueM:

My dash is similar to that one, it has one blank button. I really hate to see blank buttons as it looks like something is missing. My car has parking sensors but aftermarket ones. That space is for the parking sensor button.

So my question - can you get spare buttons? I know it won't do anything but it'll look better than blank. But then it won't light up with lights on so may look odd...
I went to mercedes and they only sell the full strip at £215. Surely if you genuinely broke a button you could replace it?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
The modules are different, depending on the kit fitted so you'll see them with (excluding the hazard switch) 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 buttons

The modules crop up on Ebay all the time - you'll need one with PTS on it and I'd assume (going by various other bits I've stripped down) that the button cap can be replaced with one with the legend on it.

The easiest option would just be to replace the panel with one WITH the button already on (and the rest of the buttons to suit your cars config) - that way it'll light up with the night illumination - the PTS button won't actually do anything, and there's no harm in having it there - errors will be logged in DAS but nothing you'll see, or will cause any problems (I swapped my panel out for a fully populated one several months before fitting PTS)

Full panel - silver buttons 2004-2010 MERCEDES SLK R171 HEATED SEAT/HAZARD SWITCHES 1718204810 | eBay

Search on Ebay for slk hazard switch 171 - you'll see a few different combinations up there - the later ones on the facelifted cars are the black ones.

Reactions: Phil1987uk

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Sean. Will have a look at that.

I'm suprised I never saw it Jeff, I have now. Just posted.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
sorry, nope. :D I have an 'eject' though

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But no park tronic sensor one :nerd:

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Do you have electric folding mirrors ..?

If not, there's another button you're probably missing too !!

Reactions: Phil1987uk

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I've got them. Every button is filled but that one. That's why it's annoying me. I popped it out earlier, there is a connector behind it. Could come in handy I'm thinking of getting my laser jammer switch put there instead of under the steering wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.