Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
523 Posts
I did it through DAS not Vediamo. In order to check for, and get, firmware updates or do SCN coding you have to have an MB account or access to an MB account.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
523 Posts
Never tried that on vas or sd connect. So far my car is shifting ok.
Update, I tried it again today...and it worked. It's just a little glitchy getting it to work every time but once it does, it does.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Yesterday I managed to install in a vm machine and is working.
It was more difficult making the dam thing recognizing the usb's attached to the host and guess.
Tested and all is working fine.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
523 Posts
I like that idea, saves me from having a bunch of stuff running on startup :bannana:

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK250
589 Posts
Just wanted to pop in to also confirm the functionality of scn online, using vas. I managed to do scn coding of cgw, door cintrol units, rear and front sam, and instrument cluster. I also sucessfully updated software on the door control modules. Had to retry the scn coding of the door control modules, a few times, but it eventually worked out flawlessly.

·
Registered 2010 SLK350
17 Posts
Hi everyone - I've been reading this thread because I want to start doing work on my car as opposed to taking it to a garage, and I have a few questions that I'm a little confused on & would like your help in understanding.

From reading this thread, I bought an OKI Full Chip VAS 5054A ODIS 4.4.10 Bluetooth OBD Diagnostic Tool off ebay. It seems I still need to get a laptop/tablet with Windows 10 64 bit and the software to run the diagnostics. Having said that, these are the questions I have:

1. Does it matter if I use a tablet or laptop as long it is Windows 10 64 bit?

2. Is there a specific tablet/laptop brand that is better than others?

3. I've seen software bundles on ebay and would like to know if this will cover everything I will need- here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-XENTRY-Service-Tool-for-Mercedes-Benz-Star-Diagnostic-Program-J2534-C3-C4/401772061178?hash=item5d8b7b21fa:g:qz4AAOSw3KRc5ZU~

I'd really appreciate your help on this as this is completley new on this.

Thanks!

Julian

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Speed removal on sl230 55amg supercharger with vas5054 ( 2003 only the engine module me2.8 is accessible by vas, for full diagnostic c3/4 is needed ).

Attachments

·
Registered 2001 SLK230K
29 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered, but I notice this thread is in the R171 section but my understanding was Xentry was for all models, so is this an option for R170 and R172s also?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,354 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered, but I notice this thread is in the R171 section but my understanding was Xentry was for all models, so is this an option for R170 and R172s also?
MB has three diagnostic systems. HHT, DAS, and Xentry. Sometimes the system can be referred to as Star, SDS, DAS, or Xentry. All three systems are included in the system. The HHT (Hand Held Terminal) system is the first generation and runs until the early 2000's, DAS (Diagnosis Assistance System) is the system in place until about 2012-2013 or so, and then Xentry has been in place since then.

For the R170, depending on the date of manufacturer, it uses either HHT and a combination of HHT and DAS in the last part of its build life. R171 is fully covered by DAS, and the R172 is fully covered by Xentry.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered 2001 SLK230K
29 Posts
MB has three diagnostic systems. HHT, DAS, and Xentry. Sometimes the system can be referred to as Star, SDS, DAS, or Xentry. All three systems are included in the system. The HHT (Hand Held Terminal) system is the first generation and runs until the early 2000's, DAS (Diagnosis Assistance System) is the system in place until about 2012-2013 or so, and then Xentry has been in place since then.

For the R170, depending on the date of manufacturer, it uses either HHT and a combination of HHT and DAS in the last part of its build life. R171 is fully covered by DAS, and the R172 is fully covered by Xentry.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, that's very helpful and clears up some confusion I had with the different diagnostic systems past and present.

I personally own a post-facelift R170 from 2001 with the OBD port located in the cabin, not the older model with the port under the hood. Is this the differentiator for whether the R170 requires HHT or DAS?

81 - 100 of 208 Posts