Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also got xentry running with this cheap VAS5054A. I got me this one (type 3 original OKI). They ship from Europe.
I first had to upgrade the SSD of my laptop, and followed a xentry installation thread on [email protected]

Vediamo is installed OK and configuration OK (green light), but do not have that working yet.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
477 Posts
Are you sure you can't SCN code with that thing? I really have to do my conductor plate and it's pissing me off that I have to have the car towed to the neighboring town to get screwed over by the dealer. There must be a better way!

Update: I ordered up a VAS 5054A ODIS V4.3.3 Full Chip OKI AMB2300

I wanted to get the updated version with WiFi because I figured it would be much faster. However, I believe I still have some wifi modules lying around from back when I was designing/building motorcycle ECU's so it's entirely possible I can replace the BT module with a Wifi module for increased speed and range.

I'm in the process of acquiring Xentry 19.5.4 but I won't be able to do anything other then install until the wireless module shows up. I will see about installing it on Windows 10 x64

·
Registered 2011 SLK250
583 Posts
I can back this up as well, I have (finally) managed to install it, and now it works.

Do contact @i860 he will help you out with the installation!

I initially had some issues, on some of the laptops, the Xentry activation did not work, on others the VAS driver did not work (both were running Windows 10 x64).

Today I got my hands on a laptop on which everything works just fine, and I have already done some work, such as re-calibrating my electric seat adjustments (back part kept hitting the rear wall, when going backwards with the seat).

Looking forward to get Vediamo installed tomorrow!

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
477 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait for mine to show up. It's coming from China and will probably take forever :(

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I can back this up as well, I have (finally) managed to install it, and now it works.

Do contact @i860 he will help you out with the installation!

I initially had some issues, on some of the laptops, the Xentry activation did not work, on others the VAS driver did not work (both were running Windows 10 x64).

Today I got my hands on a laptop on which everything works just fine, and I have already done some work, such as re-calibrating my electric seat adjustments (back part kept hitting the rear wall, when going backwards with the seat).

Looking forward to get Vediamo installed tomorrow!

If you are stuck let me know and I can help you with vedimo.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
25 Posts
DAS/Xentry cheap alternative reply

Hi i860, which site did you order this from (UK?) as there are a lot of options and I would like to order the same one as you have as it is working. Also does this run directly from Win 10 or Win 7, or do you install it in Win 10 then run it in Win 7 compatibility mode. Would love to chat about this piece of kit but unable to PM you.

·
Registered 2011 SLK250
583 Posts
It's probably worth mentioning that these devices are also chinese clones (just like the many not so cheap c4 and c5 devices out there).
eBay has been removing these VAS devices from their site, in recent days, and while some can still be found for purchase, they are shipped from China, and the delivery can take months.
You can probably contact the eBay member from which I got my device; His listing also got removed from eBay, but at least I can vouch for, that it works.
His eBay ID is patiencerfit.

·
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Had a strange one on my w204, 10 current errors and the engine light was on ( failed the mot ), fuse f22 was blowing when i open the door and wake up the electronics. In the end, I trace it to a short thermostat 0.04 ohm. The ground wire is shared by all those components.
I use vas to do the diagnostic and protect my c4

Attachments

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
477 Posts
That's going to be a useful post for people in the future, I think!

In other news, Woohoo! Look what showed up today!

I'm just waiting for my activation code based on System ID etc. Maybe then I will be one step closer to being able to do similar! ?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
477 Posts
What components are you referring to?
I think he was referring to the pic of my adapter. It was the label side with serial #

On a side note, I saw some e-bay auctions where they will use Teamviewer and install the software for you for a nominal fee. Has anyone tried one of those services? I did an install a couple of times, no success yet, mind you, I've been pretty busy so I haven't been able to focus on it yet. I did see that you can lease the software on an annual basis from Mercedes but that service doesn't seem to be available in North America.

·
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
What components are you referring to?
C3 C4 C5

I think he was referring to the pic of my adapter. It was the label side with serial #

On a side note, I saw some e-bay auctions where they will use Teamviewer and install the software for you for a nominal fee. Has anyone tried one of those services? I did an install a couple of times, no success yet, mind you, I've been pretty busy so I haven't been able to focus on it yet. I did see that you can lease the software on an annual basis from Mercedes but that service doesn't seem to be available in North America.
I can install xentry remotely for you. I sent you email.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
477 Posts
Has anyone got their VAS5054A running on Windows 10 x64 ???

(without installing special drivers)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's really interesting!

Can you please provide a link to where I can purchase the hardware and/or software?

Vas obd arrived today, I had all prepared windows with xentry/das and I test it on my slk and my w204 c280.
As you can see all the module can be read and accessible.
So anyone can own a star system now.
If you are for it buy the vas obd oki and I can help you with the installation, please PM me for more info.
DAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyvT9lt_39U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9huqPWAF8qk

Xentry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03OotBiScA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBF2JQ7jKbQ

·
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That's really interesting!

Can you please provide a link to where I can purchase the hardware and/or software?
PM sent, you will be able to send me a pm after 15 posts or so. If not contact any admin.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts