Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi
I installed today xentry/das with vas5054a ( not sd connect c4 ) device £55 ( a chap from California ), and we tested on a c230.
It has the full functionality of my £500 sd connect c4, take 2 days but what a great result.

Moderator addition-->Per a PM I sent re equipment needed (at post 13), reply received: You need a vas5054 oki chip, a laptop with windows 10 or 7 64x and i can do the rest remotely.

Attachments

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
Hmm. Interesting.
Remember Myk as good as Das is it will tell you whats wrong and point you in the right direction , clear codes ect

But it will not pull the car apart and hands on fix it for you......but will leave you with that nagging thought of

Now I know my car is xxxxxx >:D>:D>:D>:D

A cheap OBD reader from euro parts ect is a handy little thing to keep in the boot for road trips ect ( turn light off limp home )

·
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually is £58 just order one now.
That is the hardware is a pass-thru device instead of sd connect c4 and then you need the software. The newer the car the better.
Next week I will receive my device, install all software and do extend testing gon my 2 cars.
Again if an old c230 can be read ( all modules, air bags ezs module ) plus the ability to do all the testing and actual startup on modules.

·
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just finished a 1h session ( in California ) playing with this and very impressed with the cheap obd tool. So far seems to see/do exactly like sd connect c4.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,968 Posts

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
881 Posts
Excellent, I had been looking at the bigger kits but if this will do what I need that is great! Thanks for the info.

·
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vas obd arrived today, I had all prepared windows with xentry/das and I test it on my slk and my w204 c280.
As you can see all the module can be read and accessible.
So anyone can own a star system now.
If you are for it buy the vas obd oki and I can help you with the installation, please PM me for more info.
DAS

Xentry

1 - 20 of 168 Posts