Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new here. I just bought a 2001 SLK 320 and the day I bought it I got the start error. I thought the problem was the DAS Control module so I sent it to a certified Mercedes mechanic to confirm it. It looks like the problem is the DAS Control Module it wont communicate at all. My mechanic used to be able to get the DAS Control module from the dealer, but now he is unable to. I was wondering if there is any way for me to order the DAS Control Module since I am the registered owner? I live in central California if that helps. I appreciate any and all input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No it had to be done at the dealer because Mercedes wont sell the part to anyone because it is part of the anti theft system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That exact thing happened to me today on a 320 04 that I own less than a week.It just went off in a traffic light and gave me the start error. After checking the battery and disconnecting it for 10 min (sometimes it tricks the computer if the problem is minor) I had no luck but I was lucky in step two and it was ignition fuse ... I found it and solved it at the same time by switching it with another number 10 fuse. You probably checked that but I believe it can help someone else in the future .

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,723 Posts
That exact thing happened to me today on a 320 04 that I own less than a week.It just went off in a traffic light and gave me the start error. After checking the battery and disconnecting it for 10 min (sometimes it tricks the computer if the problem is minor) I had no luck but I was lucky in step two and it was ignition fuse ... I found it and solved it at the same time by switching it with another number 10 fuse. You probably checked that but I believe it can help someone else in the future .
tip for you! :D

use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post you wish to reply to or reference so we know who you are 'talkin' to :D

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,723 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts