Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 03 230 that I loved dearly but it was getting a little long in the tooth (180,000 miles) so I decided to move on. Bought a dandy CLK 350 18 months ago. I said my goodbyes to this site (though I still offer poor advice). I remember at the time that Jeff said "don't worry, you'll be back". Though the CLK was a very nice car, I never really bonded with it and missed my SLK. I talked to my wife about it a few weeks back and she said "If you don't like it, sell it and find another slk. They made more than one you know."

Sold the CLK today so the hunt begins. I'm thinking either of a 6 speed or a 32 (I really wish I'd bought the yellow rocket Jae sold off here about the same time I bought my CLK).

Anyway, Darn you Jeff.:tazz:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,596 Posts
I had an 03 230 that I loved dearly but it was getting a little long in the tooth (180,000 miles) so I decided to move on. Bought a dandy CLK 350 18 months ago. I said my goodbyes to this site (though I still offer poor advice). I remember at the time that Jeff said "don't worry, you'll be back". Though the CLK was a very nice car, I never really bonded with it and missed my SLK. I talked to my wife about it a few weeks back and she said "If you don't like it, sell it and find another slk. They made more than one you know."

Sold the CLK today so the hunt begins. I'm thinking either of a 6 speed or a 32 (I really wish I'd bought the yellow rocket Jae sold off here about the same time I bought my CLK).

Anyway, Darn you Jeff.:tazz:
I told you! Bwahaha!

Now please fix this to say 'looking' :D

Vehicle: 2009 CLK 350 cab

I see some nice 55s r171 in the for sale section :D

·
93,596 Posts
Stop whining! We know you are loaded. :D

·
93,596 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,968 Posts
Jae's yellow SLK32 was a steal.

I believe he let it go for the ridiculous price of 8k!

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
93,596 Posts
I'm intrigued by those red reflectors built into the sides of front bumper (O.K., you say fender?) Where do they come from and what's the history? I've never seen them before, you see ....

David
Why do American cars have side markers?
The reason it is there is simple, the United States has stringent safety standards that mandate for reflectors to be installed front and back which is the reason why manufacturers have to adapt to the policy,

·
93,596 Posts
nag nag nag

Vehicle: 2009 CLK 350 cab

please change to

Vehicle: Looking for a 55 R171 :D

·
93,596 Posts
Put on your glasses Daniel

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm intrigued by those red reflectors built into the sides of front bumper (O.K., you say fender?) Where do they come from and what's the history? I've never seen them before, you see ....

David

As Jeff notes the side markers are part of the FMVSS which is the safety standard in NA set out by the NHSTA and adopted by Canada.
If you pop the bumper insert off in a car without them you will find the bumper had the opening for them. I have a Japanese delivered 2001 R170 without the side markers but the bumper is read for them. I thought due to a recent boo boo on my part I might have to get a pair of NA used ones including all the gear because I broke my insert. Fortunately my dealer was able to order the replacement by part number and all is back to normal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts