Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It is almost a tropical forest when I open mij trunk. Drops of water all over the inside off the trunk lid.
To see of the rubber trunk lid rubber was properly sealed. I placed some A4 paper when the trunk was closed between the lid and the rubber sealing. It was hard to get the paper out. So the rubber trunk lid sealing is doing its work.
ALL ready I placed some trunk lid carpet inserts. It is an after market option bought on Ebay.

Has anyone got some good tips for me to solve or reduce the damp trunk lid of my '99 SLK?

Thank you

Hugo

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,128 Posts
The key assembly and the brake light are frequent culprits - does the water collect in the lid and then rain down when you lift the lid? I've heard also the seals can leak but never seen this myself. The seals fit together at the ends and if not joined correctly will cause problems. I've used baby powder to find leaking seals with some success.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,171 Posts
And your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Now you're making it personal..... :x

All kidding aside, my grandfather was English. I went for a visit in the 90's and tried to drive there. Being slightly dyslexic, I nearly killed myself.
Yes, the UK is quite different. And now it's overcrowded to boot :surprise:

Pretty well anywhere else we Brits are likely to drive we end up switching sides, so we're kinda more used to it. I have to say that I found the USA one of the easiest places to drive (although I've only really done the East coast)

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,153 Posts
easiest places to drive (although I've only really done the East coast)
That's because you're driving on the right side of N America :wink: Get it? Right? >:D

I used to own a '48 Humber Hawk with RHD. I had no issues driving on our highways or streets.

Reactions: savcom

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,171 Posts
... I believe we may be deviating somewhat from the thread...
@Dutchslkdude - have you looked at @Mn car guy's thread? The two likely candidates are the Driver side rear window and Passenger side rear window drain holes. If they are blocked water will sit in the channel and will leak over the seals into the boot/trunk.

Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.