Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
why dan, do you think this doesn't include export cars?
how can we be so sure that they have been selective in their sabotaging?

best
ir-ops

D

·
0 Posts
why dan, do you think this doesn't include export cars?
how can we be so sure that they have been selective in their sabotaging?

best
ir-ops
All the car's will have the owner/destination info on them and if they where sabotaging cars to provide repair shops in Germany with work then why waste the time and take the increased risk of picking car's at random when they could select car's destined to stay in Germany and get the most effectiveness out of the scheme.

Sorry to stir things up, just posting them as I find 'em.
No worries at all mate, post away its nice to have the info.

·
Registered
676 Posts
thanks dan,

didn't really know cars carry this sort of info on the assembly line, at least not early on, thought separation would only be done at final stages...

ir-ops

·
Registered
23 Posts
Doesn't surprise me at all. MB should probably lay down a swift judgement since MB's reputation has suffered a bit since the early 90s. I have seen improvements since they are trying to get back to their "bulletproof" rep but this def. doesn't help.

D

·
0 Posts
thanks dan,

didn't really know cars carry this sort of info on the assembly line, at least not early on, thought separation would only be done at final stages...

ir-ops
Built to order mate.

Every piece has your name on it even before they come together.

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks dan,

ir-ops
We did the European Delivery this summer on my wife's 09 SLK300 and we toured the factory there in Sindelfingan where they make the S and CLS class Tony Soprano big cars and they indeed have a tote board with bar coding that the robots read telling the robots what stuff the car is to have when it is built. It, also, clearly lists the country of designation on the board. While I was watching the factory assembly line the most common country was.........

CHN...

China... who would've freaking thought more big Mercedes were going to China than any where else in the world. Things you learn the scare the heck out of you!

jc

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
CHN...

China... who would've freaking thought more big Mercedes were going to China than any where else in the world. Things you learn the scare the heck out of you!

jc
Might be a surprised to you but definitely not for me, take a visit to China, they are growing fast. Mercedes a dime a dozen, so is Rolls Royce, Bentley, Ferraris, there are a lot of millionaires, and they pay 3x the price we do for similar cars. There was suppose to be some type of tax break that'll allow them to buy imported cars for close to what we pay, don't know if that's been passed, if so, expect even more Mercedes in China.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.