Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's growing on me. The front is ok, but the side and rear are not that nice. I don't like the large area behind the doors and the large frame around the windows. Though I understand it's for the gullwings, I hope the convertible version will look better. I'm sure the next SLK will take styling cues from this car, as the current R171 takes it from the SLR.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,831 Posts
do we know of a price range?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I believe I saw something around 170,000 euros / $200,000. It suppose to slot above the SL, but less than 1/2 the price of the SLR.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
The front looks like a Ford Mustang sans the pony emblem.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
The one thing that amazes me about the SLS is how the safety feds have let MB get away with it - in an accident, if one ends up on its roof, how are you meant to get the occupants out ??

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Woolly - somewhere on the intertubes is an interview about the safety systems in the SLC - basically there are explosive bolts (as I recall) that make it possible to completely "remove" the doors even if it's on it's top.

I'd like to see it in action as long as I wasn't in the car! :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you look at it from the side, it looks like the new z4 (with those back lights). The front is growing on me and i'm loving it. If the r172 front looks like that.....wo0 h0o. But if it looks like the new SL....bo0 h0o.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's not often that Mercedes-Benz releases a milestone automobile destined to become an all time great road going supercar. The just announced 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is certainly such a car.

This news is only hours old and could not wait for our September Newsletter issue. We're pleased to provide perhaps the earliest independent North American news release on this extraordinary new supercar.

Enjoy this short news flash. We'll be sending our usual newsletter covering this great car in detail and much more within a few weeks.

Roy SpencerhortcutMercedesHeritage.com home
Forward to A Friend
The Gullwing Returns!

The Gullwing is back! After years of speculation regarding the SLR's replacement, the new 6.3 liter 2010 SLS Gullwing debuts in Frankfurt September 15.
We have the first factory images of this highly anticipated super coupe.

read more...

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
The one thing that amazes me about the SLS is how the safety feds have let MB get away with it - in an accident, if one ends up on its roof, how are you meant to get the occupants out ??
Or you can do it the same way Lamborghini drivers are advised to get out: Kick out the windshield (windshields USUALLY pop OUT a lot easier than they would collapse inward).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts