Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every weekday just before 7:00 a.m. I pass a black R171 going in the opposite direction. I'm heading toward Sampson County in my black 2010 SLK and he's headed toward Cumberland County in his black (2006-2011) SLK. I live in North Carolina. It's funny that I now look for the other driver's SLK on my way to work every weekday morning. I haven't seen any other SLKs in the area, so it's wild that I see one that looks just like mine nearly every day without fail throughout the week.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,733 Posts
Every weekday just before 7:00 a.m. I pass a black R171 going in the opposite direction. I'm heading toward Sampson County in my black 2010 SLK and he's headed toward Cumberland County in his black (2006-2011) SLK. I live in North Carolina. It's funny that I now look for the other driver's SLK on my way to work every weekday morning. I haven't seen any other SLKs in the area, so it's wild that I see one that looks just like mine nearly every day without fail throughout the week.
Have you waved?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Most of the time around Raleigh, by the time you see them going the opposite direction,
they are already out of sight. Folks around here seem to think the 70 mph speed limit
on the superslabs is just a " suggestion " not to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was driving along today and thought, I keep seeing loads of audis, and other mercs but hardly ever spot an SLK. Literallly seconds after, an identical one to mine went past the other way. We didn't wave as I'm still not great at spotting from a distance!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Traffic

Most of the time around Raleigh, by the time you see them going the opposite direction,
they are already out of sight. Folks around here seem to think the 70 mph speed limit
on the superslabs is just a " suggestion " not to be taken seriously.
I'm stuck behind a long line of slow moving vehicles on Highway 24 to and from work, so I experience the opposite problem.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spotting SLKs

I was driving along today and thought, I keep seeing loads of audis, and other mercs but hardly ever spot an SLK. Literallly seconds after, an identical one to mine went past the other way. We didn't wave as I'm still not great at spotting from a distance!
This is one thing I thoroughly appreciate about driving my SLK: they're a rare breed. On the way to the grocery store this morning my wife and I spotted around 20 Mustangs. These are nice enough cars, but who wants to own what everyone else is driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.