Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Long Time Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought I would share this with you

this afternoon I recived a phone call on my mobile from Mercedes of Lincoln.

the girl on the phone said, hello I am ringing to inform you of a loyalty day we are about to have at the dealers. I said could you ring me back some other time , she said why are you busy! I said I work for the ambulance service and don't like taking calls when at work , I was then interrupted to hear that if I didn't listen now I could miss out on my loyalty bonus of a discount on a new car as the prices in the car windows are not the correct prices!!!!!!!. I said that I was not after a new car and needed to get off due to work politely. she then said her records showed my car was a 2005 model and would probably start to go wrong and let me down !! I said as you have not listened to me and taken up to much of my time and now informed me that my car is about to let me down can you put me through to the service manager. she said why ? I said you ( LISTERS ) have serviced ,mot, and repaired the car since I have had it and you have just told me its going to fail and is more or less in poor condition due to its age !!!!!!!!!!!!!! she HUNG UP

what a waste of my time....anyway rant over

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
though I would share this with you

this afternoon I recived a phone call on my mobile from Mercedes of Lincoln.

the girl on the phone said, hello I am ringing to inform you of a loyalty day we are about to have at the dealers. I said could you ring me back some other time , she said why are you busy! I said I work for the ambulance service and don't like taking calls when at work , I was then interrupted to hear that if I didn't listen now I could miss out on my loyalty bonus of a discount on a new car as the prices in the car windows are not the correct prices!!!!!!!. I said that I was not after a new car and needed to get off due to work politely. she then said her records showed my car was a 2005 model and would probably start to go wrong and let me down !! I said as you have not listened to me and taken up to much of my time and now informed me that my car is about to let me down can you put me through to the service manager. she said why ? I said you ( LISTERS ) have serviced ,mot, and repaired the car since I have had it and you have just told me its going to fail and is more or less in poor condition due to its age !!!!!!!!!!!!!! she HUNG UP

what a waste of my time....anyway rant over
Does not give you much confidence in the servicing from them also
If they dont know there customers to well .

So glad i dont use them :)

·
Long Time Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does not give you much confidence in the servicing from them also
If they dont know there customers to well .

So glad i dont use them :)

the stuff they have done for me ( hull branch ) has always been of a good standard, but strangely its always the Lincoln lot that ring up and drop a clanger. iv never even been to that branch !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Nuisance calls are just that... a nuisance...

Latest caller started very smoothly, said they were from such-and-such company. Then they asked if I was a customer of such-and-such company...to which I loudly replied that if they were really from that company, they should know whether or not I was a customer, so Goodbye !

I know they have a job to do and normally I am more patient and polite.. but enough is enough..

Phew my rant over, too..:x

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
Loved your reply to Lincoln

I'd be tempted to call in at the next show day and ask about the latest disposable cars they have.

What plonkers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts