Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered sold my 2014 SLK250 CDI
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a few weeks / months now i have constantly had a strange noise whilst driving along, after sorting out various squeaks and creaks i have finally traced this too the DAB radio. it sounds like a marble rolling around in a paper cup. i first thought it was the speakers on the drivers side, but i finally worked out its only when the DAB radio is selected and does not matter which station is selected.
Anyone have any ideas as to its cause, the car is back into Merc on Tuesday for a service so i am going to ask them to investigate further.:frown:

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dab issue

Update the car was due a software update which they carried out. This reset the rear camera option and wiped the hard drive music :frown:
You guessed it the dabs no better, so going back in on the 29th.
just an extra note had an e-class as a loan car and drove the same stretch of road with no issues from the Dab radio, so pretty sure mine has a gremlim running around in it.:frown:

·
Premium Member-sold my '55
1,384 Posts
You can have the shark on your R172 too. Option 386. Won't do DAB any good though. Problem is the antenna indeed. There are two outlets on the back of the DAB tuner but MB chose to use only one that is sharing the front window antenna with FM/AM (splitter in the A strut).

It's on my ToDo list to have an extra antenna on that outlet. The only problem is where to place it? I want to keep the looks as they are both open and closed.

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dab issue:

Well the car went back in for two days still no joy, they changed the dab controller but now think the amp maybe causing the problem. At least they are seeing/hearing it happen, so they have ordered a new Amp but it will not be here until mid jan so the car is going back in around the 20th, we live in Hope.:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I haven't had time to take to dealers for update etc but I also had a problem where the radio doesn't come on when you start the car, you have to press the button twice before it comes on, but radio comes on automatically when it is in FM...strange? Let us know how you get on.

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dab

Well good news my dealer has had the car for the last 3 days and has replaced the two amplifiers in the system and it turns out its the one in the pillar that was causing the fault. I know its early but they tested it and i drove it home yesterday with not a single drop out or weird noise. Well done to my dealer and his mechanic.:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.