Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
...and the transition back to 8-cylinder operation is fast (~30ms) and nearly undetectable when you accelerate. Have to admit, though, that I'm not a fan of the exhaust note in 4-cylinder mode. The active flaps make it sound like it's strangling.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,182 Posts
Coupled with that is the off/on when in comfort mode. Amazing how seamless that is when the light turns green. I am one super happy camper.

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG-sold.
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it does sound a bit weird in 4 cyl mode. However, with that kind of MPG, I'm pretty happy to tolerate it!

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I managed to top even that number. Showed 30.3 mpg for the ride in this morning. Really amazing to have a NA car with these power levels get fuel economy that well. Last big V8 I had was a 1995 Z28 Camaro 5.7L. It made 275 hp and maybe got 20 mpg on a long ride. I put headers, nitrous etc on it, so I eventually probably got it up to around the 400 hp mark, but that was only on the juice. Now I've got a car that makes more power (bone stock!) and gets 10 mpg better. Wow.

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG
94 Posts
thought I'd try and drive with efficiency in mind on a couple trips to work, 25 miles each way includes motorway A and B roads, was very difficult to do. Anyway, on both journeys got above 32mpg, which as above is really impressive.

Anyway, normal service resumed, that sound and acceleration far too addictive to be worrying about economy lol.

One thing I have noticed since getting this car, is other drivers coming up pretty quick and close to the rear. Is that to egg me on, or to try and hear the noise??

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've noticed the same. I think it's because there's so little car behind the back seat that they seem closer than they do with a 4 seater. Still feels like they're trying to breed my SLK though!

·
Registered
579 Posts
My friends at work named my car "the UFO" because none of them had seen one before and didn't know what it was (SLKs aren't very common back in Connecticut). Some of the drivers trying to climb into our trunks/boots may just be getting close enough to read the badges.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Coupled with that is the off/on when in comfort mode. Amazing how seamless that is when the light turns green. I am one super happy camper.
No good going up and down the DVP or Yonge St though....I only turn the 'eco' on when I am on a long cruise..other than that it's 'S' >:D

BTW hopefully you will join us soon for a get together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.