Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all of you SLKers!

These days i was thinking of making a custom made pod for my boost gauge in the upper grill in the center of the dash. There are many pods at ebay but their design sucks. So i decided to search for the part no. of Porsche 997's pod which is for the chrono package (99755237100A03). I made my order and then i was waiting until its delivery. Then i started removing all the central console such as ash tray, thermotronic, comand, cupholder and at last the upper grill which is mounted on the central air vents. After i separated them by unscrewing the 2 bolts i took the grill in my hands. I patronized the gauge pod and i sketched it on the grill. Then i used dremel tool to cut the pattern and i glued it. I made the necessary wire connection and i placed it inside. I reinstall all the equipment of the console and this is it!

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK280
393 Posts
That looks brilliant .... nice one.
(by the way, you must live on one of the smallest islands ever judging by ur navigation pic :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.