Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be a dumb question but what is the piece of plastic that is attached to the back wheel fender. i see it on alot of the cars with bigger wheels in the back. is it basically for asthetic purposes or is it functional? why do some cars have them and some not. is it a after market mod or what. it is bugging me so any info would be helpful. thanks, pimpslk

D

·
0 Posts
As Scott says it works kinda like a mudflap and in the EU its also used to extend the cheek to cheek measurement to let MB fit the right size tires to the car and not get in trouble for having them rotating outside the bodywork.

D

·
0 Posts
You can buy them from the dealer if you want them, not sure how much they cost exactly but i don't think its a lot.

They just stick on

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
thanks for the replies guys. learn something new everyday. thanks again.

where can you get the mini mudflaps? and how much are they?
Try to PM Cyberdrakon. He removed the "pigears/mini-mudflaps/whatever" and he may be able to part with them easily. the only thing is you may have to get the adhesive or something similar by yourself.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
It keeps the rear end clean and actually works that's why I still have them, it's really small so it's not that noticable.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.