Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a device called Curb Alert to avoid additional damage to the lower portion of the front bumper. I've repaired it once with epoxy and think after we get more familiar with parking this car, we'll know how far to pull in without riding up over the curb. In the meantime is anyone using one of the Curb Alert type systems or have any other suggestions for learning quickly when to stop. Of course there are several of us that drive the car so maybe having a Curb Alert type devise is the best all around solution.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
921 Posts
I used to drive into parking spaces and got caught out once or twice... my solution was to reverse into every parking spot.... no damage that way :)

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,097 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,500 Posts
I've been looking at a device called Curb Alert to avoid additional damage to the lower portion of the front bumper. I've repaired it once with epoxy and think after we get more familiar with parking this car, we'll know how far to pull in without riding up over the curb. In the meantime is anyone using one of the Curb Alert type systems or have any other suggestions for learning quickly when to stop. Of course there are several of us that drive the car so maybe having a Curb Alert type devise is the best all around solution.
For what ever reason many people think they need to be as far in a space as the car can physically go. I have found that if my body is in the parking space the car is in the space. Also, backing in does resolve the issue - but, the person has to be able to backup. Not everyone is good at backing.

To answer your specific question do a search on the site as someone recently (last couple of months) did post on installing one.

·
103,097 Posts
i did 4 him, see above yours :D

·
103,097 Posts
Bet you say that to all the boys!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,500 Posts
Bet you say that to all the boys!
I grew up one of three boys. We were close in age, and when young, adults would ask us - somewhat teasingly, which one was the good looking one, the smart one, and the athletic one. My brothers could quickly answer which one they were, but me, I just stood there trying to figure it out. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.